The Student Room Group

Recommend me a liquid foundation! £20-£30 range

So I've been using Mac Studio Fix, but it's dried my skin out a bit, so I'd like one with a lighter (medium) coverage, which is matte and isn't too harsh on the skin, which I can hear Mac can be.

I've been considering Clarins or Clinique?

I have pale skin (NW 13 in Mac) so if you have any suggestions for a foundation which does a good range for pale skin even better! :smile:
Reply 1
I keep hearing Nars is good, but it's a little out of my range
Clinique tends to be kind to skin. I would recommend Lancome foundations, have a look into those. They feel very luxury and expensive on the skin and are around £21-28. Both have a wide selection of shades.

However, if you want to stay true to your MAC foundation, I would suggest purchasing a setting spray [Urban Decay's one is meant to be the best]. Also, using a moisturising primer [such as GOSH creme primer - but make sure it has the same base (water or silicone based) as your foundation and concealer!!]

If you need anymore help, respond or DM me :biggrin:
Bobbi Brown's colour range goes really light and is a really good option for paler skins :smile: their foundations are usually about £30, but you could always ask for a sample before you buy one to see if you like it first
Reply 4
I use Sephora 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation. It's feels surprisingly light on my face and covers really well. No matter what you use, your skin will get a little dry so it's good to apply a moisturizer or a moisturizing primer before you apply your foundation. Usually, the liquid ones feel lighter and cover better. They also look more natural :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest