The Student Room Group

MPharm

Hi guys, I'm predicted ABC. Do you think UEA or Manchester consider my application for pharmacy with foundation year? The website says they want BBC-CCD.
Original post by Sara.Sh
Hi guys, I'm predicted ABC. Do you think UEA or Manchester consider my application for pharmacy with foundation year? The website says they want BBC-CCD.

If the top end of their grade requirements range (which is what will apply to non-contextual candidates) is BBC and you're predicted ABC (i.e. you're predicted to exceed the grade requirements) then they would both absolutely consider your application.
Reply 2
Just email the Uni and ask.
Reply 3
Original post by Sara.Sh

same i'm predicted A* B C but i still applied for foundation year at manchester, but i havent recieved a response from them yet.
Im assuming you have applied since your message was sent a month ago, where did you apply and have your recieved any interviews?
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
If the top end of their grade requirements range (which is what will apply to non-contextual candidates) is BBC and you're predicted ABC (i.e. you're predicted to exceed the grade requirements) then they would both absolutely consider your application.

Thank you so much❤️
Reply 5
Original post by enaiiii
same i'm predicted A* B C but i still applied for foundation year at manchester, but i havent recieved a response from them yet.
Im assuming you have applied since your message was sent a month ago, where did you apply and have your recieved any interviews?

Heyyy, no unfortunately I haven’t heard anything from them yet.
Original post by Sara.Sh

Hi there,

Really exiting you have applied to UEA! You might want to use live chat and talk to admissions team to find out more about your specific case and what can be done to ensure you get into your course: https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/enquiries/live-chat.

Equally, if you want to learn more about the course and UEA in general feel free to reach out to students and academics here: https://www.uea.ac.uk/ask-us.

Best of luck with your exams and we hope to see on on campus soon!
Daniel
PhD Biology
Reply 7
Original post by Sara.Sh

When we went to the UoM open day at the MPharm talk the presenter said there's only 20 spaces allocated for foundation 😲 and they tend to fall mainly to the contextual offer students. But good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by KDoot
When we went to the UoM open day at the MPharm talk the presenter said there's only 20 spaces allocated for foundation 😲 and they tend to fall mainly to the contextual offer students. But good luck!

I know right. 🥲 The chance is really low and I’m not sure if I did the right thing or not. I really love the university and I hope at least I get an interview.
Reply 9
Original post by Sara.Sh
Heyyy, no unfortunately I haven’t heard anything from them yet.

heyy i just got a response from them literally an hour ago, and they rejected me saying my grades dont meet their requirementseven though i am predicted a* b c. Have you recieved a response from them
Reply 10
Hey anyone heard back from Manchester pharmacy foundation course
Reply 11
Original post by enaiiii
heyy i just got a response from them literally an hour ago, and they rejected me saying my grades dont meet their requirementseven though i am predicted a* b c. Have you recieved a response from them

No I haven’t received any thing yet. I’m sorry to hear you couldn’t get an offer. Wish you the best of luck with rest of your options.
Reply 12
Original post by Fghydv668
Hey anyone heard back from Manchester pharmacy foundation course

I didn't apply for Manchester foundation, did many others? I was of the notion that it was more for contextual offers, at the open day they said there was very very minimal spaces available
Reply 13
Original post by KDoot
I didn't apply for Manchester foundation, did many others? I was of the notion that it was more for contextual offers, at the open day they said there was very very minimal spaces available

I think there is only 30 spaces available
Reply 14
I think there is only 30 spaces available

Have you heard back if so when did you apply ?
Reply 15
Original post by YusiA22
Have you heard back if so when did you apply ?

Last week
Reply 16
Last week

What was the offer you received ?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by YusiA22
What was the offer you received ?

Waiting for descions I already did interview last year but not made offer for 4 year course so I applied for 5 year instead
Reply 18
Anyone heard back for manchester university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending