The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

INTO Manchester foundation course?

Hi, if anyone has any information about the INTO Manchester foundation course? How good is it and the successful rate of progression into Manchester Uni? I'm an international student and I'm interested in the International Management BSc at UOM. Also, I might only be able to apply for the January term, I know it's shorter but more intensive. Would it be a lot more difficult to manage the course, considering I have not studied Business/Econ at all at my high school?

I really hope to get into Uni of Manchester's Business School. I know Bellerbys College has a reputable foundation course too but it's a lot more expensive than INTO Manchester. But I also need to consider the quality of its teaching. I wonder if I should go for INTO Manchester or Bellerbys?

Thanks!
I'd suggest emailing the management admissions tutor to see what they say about foundation courses, and which ones they recommend.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by kcky
Hi, if anyone has any information about the INTO Manchester foundation course? How good is it and the successful rate of progression into Manchester Uni? I'm an international student and I'm interested in the International Management BSc at UOM. Also, I might only be able to apply for the January term, I know it's shorter but more intensive. Would it be a lot more difficult to manage the course, considering I have not studied Business/Econ at all at my high school?

I really hope to get into Uni of Manchester's Business School. I know Bellerbys College has a reputable foundation course too but it's a lot more expensive than INTO Manchester. But I also need to consider the quality of its teaching. I wonder if I should go for INTO Manchester or Bellerbys?

Thanks!

hey, im currently at INTO manchester but in a science foundation course, september intake. You are guaranteed an offer, and if you meet the grades in the summer, you secure your place.

The centre honestly feels like a school, its quite cozy and you'll be spending your year on the first and second floor and bump into everyone. everyone is organised into groups of approx 20 students and you dont get to sign up for classes; ur just put into a certain schedule for your group.. which may consist of ppl with different uni and course routes as yours.

the teaching quality is okay, from what i know non science staff are way more fun so.. everyone is really really nice and always there to help. they're generally forgiving regarding tardiness, due dates, phones, eating, etc. mainly because its full of international students of different ages who came from different education environments. hmm i dont know what else to mention haha but i do recommend you do a little research on your course because if most of the class has previous knowledge of, for example, a certain aspect in economics, the teacher will just move on.

so where are you from? the business students are 80% chinese/japanese and form their own cliques and study groups but non the less a fun bunch of people. no idea what bellerby's is but the INTO centre is honestly good enough, good luck & if you have any more questions, ask away;p
Reply 3
Original post by dma94
hey, im currently at INTO manchester but in a science foundation course, september intake. You are guaranteed an offer, and if you meet the grades in the summer, you secure your place.

The centre honestly feels like a school, its quite cozy and you'll be spending your year on the first and second floor and bump into everyone. everyone is organised into groups of approx 20 students and you dont get to sign up for classes; ur just put into a certain schedule for your group.. which may consist of ppl with different uni and course routes as yours.

the teaching quality is okay, from what i know non science staff are way more fun so.. everyone is really really nice and always there to help. they're generally forgiving regarding tardiness, due dates, phones, eating, etc. mainly because its full of international students of different ages who came from different education environments. hmm i dont know what else to mention haha but i do recommend you do a little research on your course because if most of the class has previous knowledge of, for example, a certain aspect in economics, the teacher will just move on.

so where are you from? the business students are 80% chinese/japanese and form their own cliques and study groups but non the less a fun bunch of people. no idea what bellerby's is but the INTO centre is honestly good enough, good luck & if you have any more questions, ask away;p

thanks for your input. in fact, i talked to my parents and they recommend me to do a levels instead. I actually did online school for grade 12 and they are concerned that missing a year in a normal school would make me difficult to do well in university even after a foundation course. A levels could also give me more options for applying to unis and I might be able to apply for the ones in Hong Kong if I do well.
Reply 4
Original post by dma94

Yes I forgot to mention in my original post that I'm from Hong Kong but I did my grade 12 at a US online school due to some reason.
Reply 5
Original post by kcky
thanks for your input. in fact, i talked to my parents and they recommend me to do a levels instead. I actually did online school for grade 12 and they are concerned that missing a year in a normal school would make me difficult to do well in university even after a foundation course. A levels could also give me more options for applying to unis and I might be able to apply for the ones in Hong Kong if I do well.

The INTO centre does offer A-level courses by the way. Two years if im not mistaken. One of my chinese friends completed her 12th grade in the US as an exchange student and shes doing alright. There are also some gap students, and many students who had to learn language before coming, i honestly wouldnt be concerned to come to INTO if i were in your place but id feel safer coming in september. because they prepare you to be ready for university in the same level as british students. but anyways perhaps you could speak to some of the staff for advice and how the alevels here work.. good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by dma94

hey, im considering INTO as well, specifically their partner course with Manchester university, I just wanted to know if you're guaranteed a spot at Manchester university upon meeting requirements, thanks.
Reply 7
Original post by dma94

Is it hard to meet the requirements of scores to get into UOM? I’ve heard that the rate of successfully meeting the requirements is like only 30%.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending