The Student Room Group

Head lice in the flat, what do I do?

I live in a flat with my boyfriend and 4 other people. I was cutting his hair earlier and thought I saw some eggs but I couldn't look for long because he's got a job interview over video chat and is pretty nervous. He's been studying a lot and hasn't been out in quite a while and neither have I which means that they've come from someone else in the flat. I can check properly after he's finished the interview but if I find them what should I do?
You tell everyone. Head lice isnt about 'dirt' - its simply an 'infection' like athletes foot or a cold.
Everyone in the flat needs to use a good head lice lotion (from a chemist not a supermarket) and you need to wash towels, bed sheets etc. Also check cushions, and anywhere else you stick your head. Unless you are sharing with some very silly people they will all see the sense in you all clearing this problem together. There is no need to apportion blame - just 'Fred has got head lice, I think I have too so we all need to use the head lice stuff to be certain.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending