The Student Room Group

Fascists physically assault Farage

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kumon

UKIP is racist.

Yes, I believe you, thanks for making me see the truth, I'll now vote Labour in the Euro elections....

If I wasn't voting UKIP already, stupid statement like these would push me towards them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by the mezzil
Not counting the MEP's we will win in 3 weeks time.

Oh wow MEP's, even the BNP do well in european elections, why, because low voting turn out in the general population and high turn out with radical and small party voters. The significance of UKIP will be decided in the next general election.
Reply 62
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
Oh wow MEP's, even the BNP do well in european elections, why, because low voting turn out in the general population and high turn out with radical and small party voters. The significance of UKIP will be decided in the next general election.

The amount of MEP's shows how many people actually support UKIP. If we had the AV, we would be in Westminster already.
You should write headlines for the DM
The amount of MEP's shows how many people actually support UKIP. If we had the AV, we would be in Westminster already.

Like I said, radical parties always do well because radical party voters always turn out in force for euros and the unlike the rest of the voting populace. Going by history, what a party gets in the euros is never a good indication of what they will get in a general election.

The true popularity of UKIP will be decided in the next general election. Are they popular enough that people are willing to completely go against the status quo of voting for labour or cons (lib dems to lesser extent) like what happened with the snp. Or have ukip been unable to make any real significant support.
Reply 65
Original post by 2ndClass
You should write headlines for the DM

I would prefer not to degrade myself thanks.
Reply 66
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
Like I said, radical parties always do well because radical party voters always turn out in force for euros and the unlike the rest of the voting populace. Going by history, what a party gets in the euros is never a good indication of what they will get in a general election.

The true popularity of UKIP will be decided in the next general election. Are they popular enough that people are willing to completely go against the status quo of voting for labour or cons (lib dems to lesser extent) like what happened with the snp. Or have ukip been unable to make any real significant support.

We shall see. :wink:
Reply 67
I hope this scumbag is jailed for assault. Of course, this is just more proof that those who oppose UKIP are violent angry and lonely men who have no communication skills whatsoever, so have to resort to violence to get their view across.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27242557

I'm not violent or angry, but I still don't like UKIP because they're full of racists and blame immigrants for the country's problems when really it's blokes like Farage (bankers) who are largely to blame. In fact, 89% of the country don't plan to vote for UKIP, are they violent and angry too? If they are, we could have a great revolution.
Seriously WTF, he says he does not agree with UKIP policies so he attacks them.

This is another reason I am voting UKIP because left wing mugs like him
You seem to be defending an illegal act. Do you support threatening and terrorising type behaviours, such as physical assaults in politics?

I'm beginning to see why you might support UKIP.

Saying that something is not fascist is not the same as defending it. :facepalm:
Original post by PythianLegume
The difference is that a racist act is inherently racist. 'A common fascist technique' has nothing to do with fascism, merely the people who promote fascism. Using violence to promote a political idea is not inherently fascist in the same way being racially prejudiced is racism.

This sounds like semantics to me and I fail to see the logic in the distinction you are drawing.

How is a fascist act not inherently fascist? If it carries the hallmarks of the broad concept of fascism, then how is not inherently fascist?

And let's not gloss this, it was using violence to demonstrate that Farage's ideology was, in the mind of the attacker, inferior to their own beliefs.

Many religious evangelists use leafleting to get across their message. That doesn't make leafleting a religious act.

I don't see your point? Of course it doesn't make leafleting in general a religious act, just as homophobes punching gay people in the face does not make punching in general a homophobic act.
Reply 71
I'm beginning to see why you might support UKIP.

Saying that something is not fascist is not the same as defending it. :facepalm:

Are you defending the egging?
Original post by AW1983
I'm not violent or angry, but I still don't like UKIP because they're full of racists and blame immigrants for the country's problems when really it's blokes like Farage (bankers) who are largely to blame. In fact, 89% of the country don't plan to vote for UKIP, are they violent and angry too? If they are, we could have a great revolution.

The sample sizes for those polls are hardly representative of the whole population so its pathetic to say "89% of the country". You mean "89% of a poll" consisting of few thousand rather than the 10s of millions who can vote. The general election will reveal the true percentage so don't get obsessed with constantly changing polls that have little significance.
Original post by Lady Comstock
This sounds like semantics to me and I fail to see the logic in the distinction you are drawing.

How is a fascist act not inherently fascist? If it carries the hallmarks of the broad concept of fascism, then how is not inherently fascist?

And let's not gloss this, it was using violence to demonstrate that Farage's ideology was, in the mind of the attacker, inferior to their own beliefs.

I don't see your point? Of course it doesn't make leafleting in general a religious act, just as homophobes punching gay people in the face does not make punching in general a homophobic act.

Can you point to any definition of fascism that involves using violence to promote your ideas as the single defining feature? Any political ideology could use violence. Just because it's more common among fascists, doesn't make it fascist.

Fascism is about authoritarianism, nationalism, militarism, and (usually) far-right politics.
Original post by Ggmu!
Jesus Christ, simmer down. I bet you didn't feel this outraged when someone egged Prescott.

Like an egg hitting any politician, it was funny.

:lol:
Reply 75
Original post by AW1983

Yeah but they aren't full of racists:rolleyes:

You can't dismiss something as generalizing, and then generalize (twice) yourself. :rolleyes:
Are you defending the egging?

No, of course not.

I think you're making far too much of it, but I'm not defending it - it was wrong and stupid.

I'm just saying that throwing an egg at someone doesn't make you a fascist.
Reply 77
No, of course not.

I think you're making far too much of it, but I'm not defending it - it was wrong and stupid.

I'm just saying that throwing an egg at someone doesn't make you a fascist.

Well he punched him with an egg, not threw it. And violence is a technique of a fascist.
Well he punched him with an egg, not threw it. And violence is a technique of a fascist.

And hammering nails is the technique of a carpenter; doesn't make me a carpenter because I used a hammer.
Reply 79
Original post by meenu89
Yes, I believe you, thanks for making me see the truth, I'll now vote Labour in the Euro elections....

If I wasn't voting UKIP already, stupid statement like these would push me towards them.

You do realize ukip voted against scraping roaming charges. UK interests my ass.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending