The Student Room Group

He said he just couldn't stop when I told him to

Is it still assault when I told him to stop and he said he couldn't
Reply 1
yes
Original post by Anonymous
Is it still assault when I told him to stop and he said he couldn't

yes it very much is still assault there is no reason why anyone 'cant stop' you have the option to withdraw consent at any point
yes.
Reply 4
Original post by user123456324
yes it very much is still assault there is no reason why anyone 'cant stop' you have the option to withdraw consent at any point

I did it because I felt uncomfortable but he didn't stop he told me it was impossible at that point
it is never impossible to stop
I did it because I felt uncomfortable but he didn't stop he told me it was impossible at that point

It is not impossible to stop. You can be mid-orgasm, the girl tells you to stop, and that panic button in your brain should immediately go off and make you physically pull away from her. If he's claiming he lacked the self-control to do that, then what he's really saying is he cared more about his needs than your feelings in that moment.

I'd suggest, if you trust him enough to sleep with him again (or whatever you were doing), then to use a safe word. My girl says "don't stop" repeatedly when we're intimate, which means "stop" could easily be misheard or not fully acknowledged. If she actually wants me to stop, she says "red" and I stop whatever I'm doing immediately. What I want in that moment is no longer relevant. My focus switches to finding out what's wrong and what she needs from me.
Sounds like what a rapist would say, get rid.
Reply 8
I hooked up with this guy at a party and we started having sex but I was suddenly uncomfortable so I asked him to stop and he didn't as he carried on I pleaded him to stop, after I got home I cried then messaged him asking why he didn't stop and his reply was that he couldn't is this rape?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending