The Student Room Group

List of all OCR Human 25 markers

I've compiled a list of all the 25 marker questions in the human sections for my revision, hope this helps some people out:
Managing Urban Change
With reference to one or more located examples, examine the factors which influence the pattern of land use in urban areas. [25]
Managing Rural Change
With reference to one or more located examples, examine the factors which influence the development of rural areas. [25]
The Energy Issue
With reference to one or more located examples, describe and explain the problems created by the exploitation of energy resources. [25]
The Growth of Tourism
With reference to one or more located examples, describe and explain the problems created by the growth of tourism.

Managing Urban Change
With reference to one or more urban areas, examine the issues related to increasing traffic congestion. [25]
Managing Rural Change
With reference to one or more rural areas, examine the problems related to the increasing use of rural areas for recreation and leisure activities. [25]
The Energy Issue
With reference to one or more located examples, explain how energy demand can be satisfied in an increasingly sustainable way. [25]
The Growth of Tourism
With reference to one or more located examples, explain how tourism can be managed to ensure sustainability.

Managing Urban Change
With reference to one or more located examples, examine how urban areas can become increasingly sustainable. [25]
Managing Rural Change
With reference to one or more located examples, examine how rural areas can become increasingly sustainable. [25]
The Energy Issue
With reference to one or more located examples, explain how the exploitation of energy resources can provide opportunities for economic development. [25]
The Growth of Tourism
With reference to one or more located examples, explain how tourism can provide opportunities for economic development.

Managing Urban Change
‘Managing urban areas requires a balance between socio-economic and environmental needs.’ Discuss with reference to one or more located examples. [25]
Managing Rural Change
‘Managing rural areas requires a balance between socio-economic and environmental needs.’
Discuss with reference to one or more located examples. [25]
The Energy Issue
With reference to two contrasting countries, describe and explain the differences in their energy mix. [25]
The Growth of Tourism
With reference to two contrasting countries, describe and explain the differences in the importance
of tourism in their economic development.

Managing Urban Change
With reference to one or more located examples, examine how urban change can lead to social and economic challenges. [25]
Managing Rural Change
With reference to one or more located examples, examine how rural change can lead to social and economic challenges. [25]
The Energy Issue
With reference to one or more located examples, explain how the exploitation of energy resources may create problems for both people and the environment. [25]
The Growth of Tourism
With reference to one or more located examples, explain how the growth of tourism creates problems for both people and the environment.

Managing Urban Change
With reference to one or more located examples, discuss how planning and management practices are enabling urban areas to become increasingly sustainable. [25]
Managing Rural Change
With reference to one or more located examples, discuss how planning and management practices are enabling rural areas to become increasingly sustainable. [25]
The Energy Issue
With reference to one or more located examples, explain how the development of renewable energy can play an important part in managing energy supplies to ensure sustainability. [25]
The Growth of Tourism
With reference to one or more located examples, explain how tourism can play an important role in the economic development of an area.

Managing Urban Change
With reference to one or more located examples, explain how urban change can put increasing pressure on the environment. [25]
Managing Rural Change
With reference to one or more located examples, explain how rural change can put increasing pressure on the environment. [25]
The Energy Issue
With reference to one or more located examples, examine the social and economic opportunities created by the exploitation of energy resources. [25]
The Growth of Tourism
With reference to one or more located examples, examine the social and economic opportunities created by the growth of tourism.

Managing Urban Change
With reference to located examples, examine the social and economic differences in urban areas.
[25]
Managing Rural Change
With reference to located examples, examine the problems associated with the increasing use of rural areas for recreation and tourism. [25]
The Energy Issue
With reference to located examples, explain how energy supply is being managed sustainably.
[25]
The Growth of Tourism
With reference to located examples, explain how tourism is being managed sustainably.

Managing Urban Change
With reference to located examples, show how planning and management practices enable urban areas to become increasingly sustainable. [25]
Managing Rural Change
With reference to located examples, show how planning and management practices enable rural areas to become increasingly sustainable. [25]
The Energy Issue
With reference to located examples, explain how the exploitation of energy resources can create opportunities for local communities. [25]
Growth of Tourism
With reference to located examples, explain how the growth of tourism can create opportunities for local communities.
Thanks! This is really helpful
Any predictions of what the essay might be?
Reply 3
I'm unsure, I was really hoping for a question where I could rant about how the Niger delta causes problems but 'With reference to one or more located examples, describe and explain the problems created by the exploitation of energy resources.' came up last year so is unlikely to come up again for Energy:
The pattern so far for energy has been (Newest last)
Opportunities
Problems
Opportunities
Renewables
Problems
Energy mix
Opportunities
Renewables
Problems (2013)
So I'd say it's likely to be a question on Opportunities or Energy mix.

Tourism:

Opportunities
Sustainability
Opportunities
Opportunities

Problems
Development Opportunities
Opportunities
Sustainability
Problems
Tourism is obviously likely to be another opportunities question.
These are my topics, if you do other topics please share alike and post your predictions too.
Original post by Rozzles
I'm unsure, I was really hoping for a question where I could rant about how the Niger delta causes problems but 'With reference to one or more located examples, describe and explain the problems created by the exploitation of energy resources.' came up last year so is unlikely to come up again for Energy:
The pattern so far for energy has been (Newest last)
Opportunities
Problems
Opportunities
Renewables
Problems
Energy mix
Opportunities
Renewables
Problems (2013)
So I'd say it's likely to be a question on Opportunities or Energy mix.

Tourism:

Opportunities
Sustainability
Opportunities
Opportunities

Problems
Development Opportunities
Opportunities
Sustainability
Problems
Tourism is obviously likely to be another opportunities question.
These are my topics, if you do other topics please share alike and post your predictions too.

Thanks for this! I would have loved the problems question too. We recently wrote an essay in class using the Niger Delta and the Three Gorges Dam. I've only learnt one case study for opportunities which is Norway?

Do you have any predictions for human?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending