The Student Room Group

Does London lack student community feel (KCL v Manchester)

Can't really decide between the two.

Thinking of choosing Manchester over London as Manchester is supposed to have a great student community buzz, that London unis lack. Does everyone in Kings spread out in 2nd year making it harder to stay in touch with people than it would at Manchester? Is Kings being a London uni so much more expensive than being in Manchester, that the latter is prefferable?
Original post by GrandMasterChe
Can't really decide between the two.

Thinking of choosing Manchester over London as Manchester is supposed to have a great student community buzz, that London unis lack. Does everyone in Kings spread out in 2nd year making it harder to stay in touch with people than it would at Manchester? Is Kings being a London uni so much more expensive than being in Manchester, that the latter is prefferable?

Whilst I haven't been to King's, I've spent 4 years in Manchester and I'm at UCL at the moment. Manchester does have a great student buzz, everyone is pretty close to each other (walking distance is common) and it is a lot cheaper than London. However, even though Manchester is a great city (and is only improving with time) it's not the capital, so it doesn't have all the great stuff that goes with being in London - I much prefer being in London to Manchester though. Having said that, given the costs involved and the atmosphere, I think I'd go for Manchester if I was going back to uni.
Reply 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending