The Student Room Group

A2 International Relations Help?

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling to think of any "against" reasons for this question:

To what extent was the development of a 'Second Cold War' the result of Reagan's policies in the years 1981 to 1985?

The reasons why Reagan caused the second Cold War I understand, such as INF, SDI, High military spending and the Soviet Gas Pipeline, but I can't seem to think of any reasons why he didn't cause it.

Anybody have any points?

And as for balancing an essay, for questions like this, if I have 5 "for" reasons and at least 1 "against" does it still class as being balanced with a good conclusion?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
you could talk about the soviet union violating the human rights agreements in helsinki, the soviets increasing involvements in the third world such as the invasion of Afghanistan (although thats not in the time line but you could mention it), the solidarity movement also started in these times, you could also mention key people such as Thatcher and Pope Juan Paul the second

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending