The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier Accommodation 2014 (Bainfield)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by necip1992
Hi all,
Is there any studio en suite room available in Bainfield?

They are all ensuite as far as I know. If you haven't got a room yet though I doubt you'll get one
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Original post by jennylove1908
I'm in block 1 flat 16 braid hill house! Anyone else?

Hello Jenny, you should check out this facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/518394131628204/

I think we have around 50 people there, all staying in bainfield :smile: seems like several people have posted that they are in 1/16 already.
Please tell everyone in your flat to have some consideration for your neighbours at Gibson Terrace. We all know students like to have a drink, but keep the noise down, especially when returning in the wee hours. Being woken at 2am, 3am and 4am in one night when I need to get up for work at 8am makes me VERY crabby.
Please tell everyone in your flat to have some consideration for your neighbours at Gibson Terrace. We all know students like to have a drink, but keep the noise down, especially when returning in the wee hours. Being woken at 2am, 3am and 4am in one night when I need to get up for work at 8am makes me VERY crabby.
Heyyah,

This would be the ideal place to stay if i was accepted into either of the 2 courses that I have applied for (events management and vet nursing).

Could anyone tell me how much it costs roughly a week to stay here , including food etc?
Reply 165
im 3/8 and I'm from texas!
Reply 166
Hey I stay in Bainfield at the moment, they are nice and the best accommodation Napier has to offer. The rent for this year is £122 per week but will probably go up next year. For food etc it just depends on how much you eat and what you like to eat. I usually spend about £30 a week. You also have to pay for laundry rooms; about £2.60 a wash and £1.10 a dry, but if your planning on going home alot then you can get parents to do it (one of my flatmates hasn't done a washing here yet!). Then there is travel if your doing events management - i think thats at merchiston, it takes 10 mins to walk but if your doing vet nursing you'll be at sighthill so need to get the bus. Ridacards are £40 per month. Hope this helps!
Thanks so much for the info! Do you think it's affordable if you have a part time job?
Reply 168
It's definitely affordable with a part time job! I work 10-15 hours a week at £5.15 an hour and I ger by just fine! I also have a £150 bursary on top of my loan though.
I've been at an interview today & wondering if anyone in Bainfield would mind showing me around accommodation just now? I haven't seen any halls yet here...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm hoping to apply for bainfield this year and just wondering if anyone can tell me are all the interiors of kitchens, bedrooms etc red?? Was looking at the pictures online and all I see is red 😬

Quick Reply

Latest