The Student Room Group

I have been asked to find my own PGCE Placement (help)

I have been asked to find my own PGCE Placement and was wondering if other people have come accross this issue?
Original post by 2010sootysweep
I have been asked to find my own PGCE Placement and was wondering if other people have come accross this issue?

I know that this is often the case if you're doing a PGCE (or equivalent) in post 16 education but I hope that this doesn't begin to become the case with secondary.
I don't know about the UK but I should assume the situation is similar to it is in Hong Kong. It depends on the relationship between the institutions and schools to see if they can offer practicum places to student-teachers. It also depends on the reputation of the institutions and their previous prac teachers. So in Hong Kong, for example, University of Hong Kong and (surprisingly) Hong Kong Baptist University have had no problems filling up practicum places; whilst Chinese University of Hong Kong as well as (understandably with large amount of places needed) Hong Kong Institute of Education have also had massive difficulties arranging placements for their students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending