The Student Room Group

Am I being unreasonable?

Long story short kind of... :s-smilie:

I meet a guy, we become FWB. He then has sex with a good now ex 'friend' of mine.

I was really upset by this as I had kind of developed feelings for him and he told me he had feelings for me to. It hurt me so I cut contact with him.

He will not stop apologising to me and sending me cute messages and telling me how much he wants to be with me.

But I can't seem to get past him sleeping with my friend whilst sleeping with me, it really ****** me off! still does now.

Even though we were just FWB, I still think that the friends of that person are kind of off limits as it's obviously going to cause problems, especially if you know they have developed feelings for you.

He thinks I am being unreasonable, tells me I need to get over it etc etc.

He does not leave me alone, he's always texting me and telling me how much he likes me and then I start to feel bad about ignoring him!

What do I do? sorry of this is confusing.
Ignore him definitely!

If he is saying how much he likes you when he's pretty happy to bang your buddy whilst you two were in a FWB thing then it sounds like he wants you, his FWB back. Not as a relationship thing. If you were telling each other that you have feelings for each other whilst you were sleeping together then him sleeping with your friend is just a dickish move.

I think it sounds like he feels a bit uncomfortable about it all and wants to palm it off on you saying you're overreacting or he wants the world to be happy again like when he had two FWBs. I think cutting contact with him was a good thing to do, but him saying he wants to be with you is just weird and doesn't fit with his actions. Where does your friend he slept with stand in all of this? Maybe talk to her and see if they just had a random drunk thing? As if sleeping with her was an accident then maybe he might be interested in a relationship but he doesn't sound cool.
tbf if you were just FWB then I think you're over-reacting.
FWB is a no commitment, non-exclusive deal. He didnt really break the rules, sorry but I think you are being a bit unreasonable and over reacting really.

Whether or not your mate was in the right or not is a different matter.

If you get back with him make sure you know what you are going back to and what the rules will be, FWB or exclusive etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending