The Student Room Group

In a confusing situation with my uni/course (MPharm)

so at the moment im a first year MPharm student. i am enjoying the course so far but i have a weird feeling with the university i am at. i dont like it but i dont hate it either. the city is quite cool also but i feel like the uni is extremely average and that there isnt much going on here. me ending up here was a spontaneous decision as it was through clearing and i didnt really have any other choice.
so would it be wise for me to stay and complete the course at this university or start again from year 1 at a better uni (ideally UCL)? i know for sure that i would have a better time in london as it is where im from and that the uni is far more enjoyable than here. i am aware that second year transfers to different pharmacy courses are highly unlikely but i think that i would be willing to start from year 1 at a more desirable school.
Reply 1
It doesnt make any difference where you train for Pharmacy - all degrees are accredited as equal and the NHS will never ask 'which Uni', and neither will your future patients/customers.

Most MPharm courses do not allow transfers - and even of you could go to UCL or wherever, would you be just as disinterested there.

Time to actually get involved in the Uni you are at, and start enjoying being a student.
Reply 2
yes i think i was just being unreasonable earlier. i reckon i was just thinking about it too hard. :colondollar:

however may i ask you this, does the uni you go to impact your applications a lot for post grad education? i'm sure it doesnt as long as you finish with a 2:1 or higher and have relevant experience but i just want to be sure of it. at this current moment i hope to do an MSc and maybe a doctorate on top of the MPharm.

Original post by McGinger
It doesnt make any difference where you train for Pharmacy - all degrees are accredited as equal and the NHS will never ask 'which Uni', and neither will your future patients/customers.

Most MPharm courses do not allow transfers - and even of you could go to UCL or wherever, would you be just as disinterested there.

Time to actually get involved in the Uni you are at, and start enjoying being a student.
Reply 3
Original post by deniz72
does the uni you go to impact your applications a lot for post grad education?

No.

At PG level all that other Unis care about is your degree grade, the quality of your overall application and what your referees say about you.
Its only school-leavers that obsess about 'which Uni' - Universities themselves do not engage in this silliness.
Reply 4
alright then, thanks for clearing this up :biggrin:
looks like ive been obsessing about it too much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending