The Student Room Group

AQA A2 French Unit 3 June 19th 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
[QUOTE="wenyclang;48260823"]
Original post by FH1
Yep although does anyone know what happens if you write two things?

but it was des miliers which is thousands, des millions is millions

I mean as in say if you're translating one word and you put two words what would happen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unofficial English to French

1. What is the best way of helping the poor in this country? = Qu'est-ce que c'est/Quel(le) est le meilleur moyen/la meilleure façon d'aider les pauvres dans ce pays?

2. Young people are especially vulnerable because of the high unemployment rate = Les jeunes sont surtout vulnérables à cause du taux de chômage élevé.

3. It is essential that they have CAN'T REMEMBER = Il est essentiel qu'ils aient... something

4. The government could help by creating more jobs = Le gouvernement pourrait aider en créant plus d'emplois.

5. We must listen to them and give them the hope they need = Nous devons les écouter et leur donner l'espoir dont ils ont besoin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
so irritated i ****ed up the english to french translation, forgot subjunctive after "il est essentiel", forgot "les ecouter" forgot moyen is masculine aaaaaah usually my best subject booooo
Original post by Smarticus
Omg. Au chômage������ another schoolboy error

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh noooo. Whoops, I didn't even know that :s-smilie:
Original post by TheBookOwl
Unofficial English to French

1. What is the best way of helping the poor in this country? = Qu'est-ce que c'est/Quel(le) est le meilleur moyen/la meilleure façon d'aider les pauvres dans ce pays?

2. Young people are especially vulnerable because of the high unemployment rate = Les jeunes sont surtout vulnérables à cause du taux de chômage élevé.

3. It is essential that they have CAN'T REMEMBER = Il est essentiel qu'ils aient... something

4. The government could help by creating more jobs = Le gouvernement pourrait aider en créant plus d'emplois.

5. We must listen to them and give them the hope they need = Nous devons les écouter et leur donner l'espoir dont ils ont besoin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For 1, would "Ce qu'est le meilleur" be totally wrong :frown:
And 3, "Il faut"?
Original post by bananaminion
For 1, would "Ce qu'est le meilleur" be totally wrong :frown:
And 3, "Il faut"?

To be honest I'm not great at English to French, but I think those would be fine? For this "unofficial" I just put mine and my classmate's answers which our teacher said sounded right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone do an unoffical reading? On the racism one, the wind turbine thing etc........
Original post by Rooroo96
Did anyone put 'mains vides' for sans rien??? I think mains vides means empty hands so I just thought maybe it could be that!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388

me too, i was stuck between that and the phrase before that and decided on "les mains vides" because it sounded more concise
Reply 389
To be honest I'm not great at English to French, but I think those would be fine? For this "unofficial" I just put mine and my classmate's answers which our teacher said sounded right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i think i used il faut too i'm not sure though!
Original post by wenyclang
What were the answers to the lady from north africa?
The one about the first incident??
A sausage was mentioned in the passage...wierd..

Haha yeah I think they put a sausage on her desk! I don't know if "college" counts as university, I know it's not the equivalent of college in France :/ I put F in the end..
Hey guys! Hope everyone found it okay, I didn't think it was awful but was lulled into a false sense of security by the essay question (film techniques) and messed that up!

Just wondering what people but for the bit where you had to select three true statements about a wind farm (in the reading)? I think I put something about how it's more expensive offshore than on land, it's a more eco-friendly way of producing energy for France, and then the one that had the word 'grimper' in it. (I think it was grimper anyway....) did anyone get the same? :frown:
predicted grade boundaries?
ALSO, thoughts on the first sentence of the French to English?!! I think I put something along the lines of 'there are thousands living in France without papers' which I'm pretty sure is wrong..... most people I know put 'illegally' for sans papiers but I was too scared to not directly translate it, oops
[QUOTE="wenyclang;48262996"]
Original post by Rooroo96

I think it was 18 actually, yes,
shall we compile an unofficial reading one?

Yes!
Let's :smile:

Synonyms were:

Du coup
Mains vides
Les Vainqueurs
L'objectif

Then I don't remember the exact order but for the fill in the blanks I used these words:

It was A to F so there were 7 words, can't remember the other 3

Dilemme
Producteur
Developpement
Bétail
Distinction

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Rooroo96;48264032"]

Yes!

Synonyms were:

Du coup
Mains vides
Les Vainqueurs
L'objectif

Then I don't remember the exact order but for the fill in the blanks I used these words:

Dilemme
Producteur
Developpement
Bétail
Distinction

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also littoral for cote (with the hat and the accent)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I believe this paper was a hard one compared to others - the grade boundaries are typically 95-98/110 for the a *. I would like to think this paper would be 95/6
Teacher racism

Professor at university F
She'd been there under a year ND
Her parents were born in Algeria ND
It was a physical attack F
She never expected it V
She wears a veil F
It's symptomatic of rural attitudes V
The staff went on strike in protest V
They were permanently excluded F
Going to change profession F

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Rooroo96;48264032"]

Yes!

Synonyms were:

Du coup
Mains vides
Les Vainqueurs
L'objectif

Dilemme
Producteur
Developpement
Bétail
Distinction

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think they'd penalise you for putting 'les mains vides' rather than just 'mains vides'? :tongue: also I think another gap fill may have been sécheresse :smile:
Teacher racism

Professor at university F
She'd been there under a year ND
Her parents were born in Algeria ND
It was a physical attack F
She never expected it V
She wears a veil F
It's symptomatic of rural attitudes V
The staff went on strike in protest V
They were permanently excluded F
Going to change profession F

same as you except rural attitudes. The question said typical of rural attitudes and then the lady said certain people have these attitudes, so I put false - what are we thinking? I had a long pause over this one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending