Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeautifulPotato
For the synonyms:
- littoral
- raflant
- repart les mains vides
- du coup
-

can anyone remember if the question was en gagnant or just gagnants? because if it was en gagnant then the answer would be en raflant, but if it was just gagnants then the answer would be les vainqueurs to the best of my knowledge anyway!
Reply 481
I think it was just gagnants
Original post by Fj-K

dammit.. another mark gone then haha
i assume no one has a spare copy of the paper? i meant to get one of the spares from my teacher but forgot:frown:
Does anyone know if the papers each year are set out in exactly the same way? As in, Q1 - 7 marks, Q2 - 6 marks, etc (or whatever it is)?
Almost sure it was gagnants, because I remember going "present participle" and then being like "OH HANG ON NO sneaky AQA"?
Original post by luciamul
can anyone remember if the question was en gagnant or just gagnants? because if it was en gagnant then the answer would be en raflant, but if it was just gagnants then the answer would be les vainqueurs to the best of my knowledge anyway!

Original post by Fj-K

Fairly sure it was the gerund. and therefore it was 'raflant'
Fairly sure it was the gerund. and therefore it was 'raflant'

To be honest, we'll never know, but I'm 96% sure it was les gangants - I'm sure it had an "s" at the end of it.
It was definitely les gagnants, i remember I wanted to use the word in my essay and went back to check the spelling of it using the reading text xD
How could I have missed that?! argh
Original post by ArtisticFlair
To be honest, we'll never know, but I'm 96% sure it was les gangants - I'm sure it had an "s" at the end of it.

One day the paper will be online as a past paper... one day we will find our answer :wink:

But I'm also pretty sure because I changed my answer from the raflant to the other word beginning with v because I noticed the s?
How could I have missed that?! argh

Pretty sure everyone is doomed to make at least one or two mistakes in the exam due to missing things and not reading properly? The nature of exams is such :/
Original post by Anny Smiles
One day the paper will be online as a past paper... one day we will find our answer :wink:

But I'm also pretty sure because I changed my answer from the raflant to the other word beginning with v because I noticed the s?

Yeah, les vainqueurs :smile:
Hey guys,

Is there an unofficial markscheme out for the reading part of the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rooroo96
Hey guys,

Is there an unofficial markscheme out for the reading part of the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look back through the thread, people have more or less compiled one. :smile:
Look back through the thread, people have more or less compiled one. :smile:

Thankyou! :smile:

Ahhhh I'm so gutted about my region essay :'( I got full marks in the listening according to the MS on here and reckon I got like 17 on the essay :frown: I want results day to come like tomorrow loool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyou! :smile:

Ahhhh I'm so gutted about my region essay :'( I got full marks in the listening according to the MS on here and reckon I got like 17 on the essay :frown: I want results day to come like tomorrow loool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which did you do? My region essay was like the worst thing I've ever written, after getting like 36+ in class I'd be surprised to scrape 20, so results day is going to be an utter disappointment. Bye bye firm Uni lol.

I'm exactly the same with results!
Which did you do? My region essay was like the worst thing I've ever written, after getting like 36+ in class I'd be surprised to scrape 20, so results day is going to be an utter disappointment. Bye bye firm Uni lol.

I'm exactly the same with results!

I did the industries essay and spoke about tourism and oil refining in Marseille

I'm in exactly the same position apart from both my unis want AAA (medicine) so it's looking more like bye bye uni/being a doctor

I was also getting mid 30's-ish so this really sucks, I can't wait anymore and it's only been 4 days

I'm the only one who took a2 french and I got a new teacher this year who had never taught AQA, she said the cultural topic was a self research thing so I was never even taught it in class, I read a few days before the exam that choosing a city and not a larger region limits you in what you can say, my teacher never told me this and it was really apparent in the exam when I had hardly anything to say :frown:

I got a really high A at AS with my old teacher, so hoping that can make up for this blunder and get me the A

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the industries essay and spoke about tourism and oil refining in Marseille

I'm in exactly the same position apart from both my unis want AAA (medicine) so it's looking more like bye bye uni/being a doctor

I was also getting mid 30's-ish so this really sucks, I can't wait anymore and it's only been 4 days

I'm the only one who took a2 french and I got a new teacher this year who had never taught AQA, she said the cultural topic was a self research thing so I was never even taught it in class, I read a few days before the exam that choosing a city and not a larger region limits you in what you can say, my teacher never told me this and it was really apparent in the exam when I had hardly anything to say :frown:

I got a really high A at AS with my old teacher, so hoping that can make up for this blunder and get me the A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's harsh :frown: Mine are A*AA and ABB so hoping I'll manage the insurance. I really really hope results day goes better than you expect!

I did the other one, spoke about the region of La Provence [PACA, so same area as you!] but fluffed up the conclusion :frown:

I hope you find that you did make some good points... I only really knew tourism in any depth as an industry so I headed for the other one where I blundered through awfully. Ugh man.
Reply 499
Unofficial reading mark scheme anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending