The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology Core Studies G542 May 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheJoka
ohhh nooooo!!
I don't like that study..
well.. it's alrightttt.... :s-smilie:

i think Samuel and Bryant is easier than reicher haslam but i think its more likely that reicher and haslam is going to come up as it only came once (i think)
Reply 21
Original post by happy11
i think Samuel and Bryant is easier than reicher haslam but i think its more likely that reicher and haslam is going to come up as it only came once (i think)

I don't mind reicher and haslam..
I think I'm getting the whole study more now.

OOoohhh you could help me... wht are the key points for Samuel n Bryant's study? :smile:
Hi I'm resitting this exam and was told a few weeks ago that section C is going to be changing so it's not as repetitive, does anyone know how exactly it's changing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I've got a feeling Reicher and Haslam will come up as it's only come up once since the start of the spec, also thinking the same for the behaviourist perspective for section C
Original post by mjm97
I've got a feeling Reicher and Haslam will come up as it's only come up once since the start of the spec, also thinking the same for the behaviourist perspective for section C

Yeah you're right i went through all of them These are how many times they came up
Loftus and Palmer: 3
Baren Cohen : 2
Savage-Rumbaugh: 1

Reicher and Haslam: 1
Milgram: 2
Pilliavin: 2

Maguire: 1
Sperry: 2
Dement and Kleitman: 2

Samuel and Bryant: 2
Bandura: 2
Freud: 2

Rosenhan: 3
Thigpen & cleckley: 2
Griffiths: 2

Obviously they may randomly choose the studies, but its a good chance to go over Maguire, Reichar and Haslam and Savage-rumbaugh
Original post by Tahera2013
Yeah you're right i went through all of them These are how many times they came up
Loftus and Palmer: 3
Baren Cohen : 2
Savage-Rumbaugh: 1

Reicher and Haslam: 1
Milgram: 2
Pilliavin: 2

Maguire: 1
Sperry: 2
Dement and Kleitman: 2

Samuel and Bryant: 2
Bandura: 2
Freud: 2

Rosenhan: 3
Thigpen & cleckley: 2
Griffiths: 2

Obviously they may randomly choose the studies, but its a good chance to go over Maguire, Reichar and Haslam and Savage-rumbaugh

Hi,
Please check carefully when you post these things/predictions.
Savage-Rumbaugh has come up twice - June 2010 and June 2012.

Thanks
Reply 26
does any one have a model answer for section c on behaviorist
Oh god could it be that they may only give like one approach/perspective on section C?

I'm worried about how they may change the format.
Oh god could it be that they may only give like one approach/perspective on section C so we don't get a choice of two questions to choose from

I'm worried about how they may change the format.
Does anyone think that developmental/psychodynamic will come up?
Reply 30
Original post by MichelleQarib
Does anyone think that developmental/psychodynamic will come up?

The two most likely Section C topics to come up are Developmental and the Behaviourist perspective, but we never know! They could be mean and question on the two approaches that came up in the June 13 paper (Physiological and ID) but of course that's very unlikely as the same approach has never come up twice in consecutive papers.

But who knows!
Good luck everyone for tomorrow!
Reply 31
is everyone ready for tomorrow. do you know all the studies off by heart and the approaches. I'm nervous for tomorrow any tips how to do your best in the exam. oh and I wanted to know does anybody think the grade boundaries are going to be lower than the previous exam or they are going to be higher.
Original post by daveb1
The two most likely Section C topics to come up are Developmental and the Behaviourist perspective, but we never know! They could be mean and question on the two approaches that came up in the June 13 paper (Physiological and ID) but of course that's very unlikely as the same approach has never come up twice in consecutive papers.

But who knows!
Good luck everyone for tomorrow!

Why do you say Developmental is going to come up? What about the psychodynamic perspective?
I have a grade level answers for the evaluation of approaches if that helps? Mainly for the for the studies evaluations as standardisation/generalisation/ethics/reliabilty/validity can be run through and either listed as strength or weakness of a study and why.
Hope this helped
Reply 34
Original post by aibekhsi
Why do you say Developmental is going to come up? What about the psychodynamic perspective?

Developmental because thats the approach that hasnt come up for the longest.
Psychodynamic and behaviourist havent come up for longer than developmental but behaviourist has only came up once and psychodynamic has come up twice, and i dont think theyll give us the options of both perspectives.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Heather_789
I have a grade level answers for the evaluation of approaches if that helps? Mainly for the for the studies evaluations as standardisation/generalisation/ethics/reliabilty/validity can be run through and either listed as strength or weakness of a study and why.
Hope this helped

Can you PM me those answers please :smile:
Do you feel as if milgram could come up?
Do you think milgram could come up
Original post by Heather_789
Hope this helped

Please could you also PM me these!
Reply 39
Tbh we're all making these predictions of what studies could come up because they haven't come up for a long time but the truth is that the exam board can repeat the same study the next year. They are making you think it won't come because it has already come up recently so really you should have looked at all of the studies in details just to be not the safe side. Oh and if you guys are worried about section c and what's going to come up you can always not revise one approach and revise the rest so if the approach has come up that you haven't learned you will always have a second opinion to do the other. This is for people who are a but worried hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest