The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by janicee
Ahh that's good then :smile: and yeah exactly... Like wth is he doing then?

I don't even care. Stop acting like a child then. Surely you see how much more idiotic you are now, considering you said you were an adult, your acting like your 12.

Your disrespect towards your elders is very telling of your poor upbringing.
Original post by addylad
1. Stereotype.

2. He's here for the same reason as us I would imagine.

3. Not necessarily.

Why have you gone off on one? You should be chained to the LFC thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is why is used the word "generally" in italics; i didn't conform to any stereotype here

even though it is a "student" forum, it is still unusual to find an older person around
they are of course welcome, but it just seems a little odd i guess, especially on a thread like this

well since the season has ended, i've decided to branch out a little
normally i make my nest in the LFC thread, but the activity is too low
sorry man :/

Original post by Rednekk
I'm 41, studying access to medicine.

oh wow, that's cool, very intellectual course!
is that a university degree or college?
Reply 982
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
that is why is used the word "generally" in italics; i didn't conform to any stereotype here

even though it is a "student" forum, it is still unusual to find an older person around
they are of course welcome, but it just seems a little odd i guess, especially on a thread like this

It's a college course, preparing me for university. I should be going Sheffield this September.
Original post by janicee
I'm not really sure tbh, if everyone was nicer than the world would be a better place imo. If people only had one type of characteristic, then you'd be limiting the nice people which I think would be worse as people wouldn't be empathetic or compassionate for others. Or maybe a small group would but the rest couldn't be considered that way. And what was I good at? xD
Did you watch divergent? O.O I wasn't expecting much from that film but I came out and thought it was awesome! xD

i knew somebody would mention divergent after i said the word faction :wink:
and yes, i thought it was a great film!
i love the post-apocalyptic type future films like the hunger games and all that

nah, i didn't expect you to agree :tongue:
people will still be good at different things, with normal levels of everything else, but just be super good at one thing in particular if that makes sense?
you would definitely be in the nice category:biggrin:
i don't think it would be good in general, but i would personally find it amazing; a lot fairer
but as the cliche goes, life isn't fair
pretty people will always come ahead no matter what i'm afraid.

and yes, i am bitter :tongue:
Original post by Rednekk
It's a college course, preparing me for university. I should be going Sheffield this September.

that's cool, good for you man!

i always like it when people of an older age go back in to education; shows that they want to improve and enhance themselves without feeling restricted by their age, which is great
Reply 985
that's cool, good for you man!

i always like it when people of an older age go back in to education; shows that they want to improve and enhance themselves without feeling restricted by their age, which is great

Thanks bro. I appreciate it.
Original post by Rednekk
Your disrespect towards your elders is very telling of your poor upbringing.

I'm not even offended by that, what you said did nothing to me :biggrin:
Old or not, people don't just get respect...they earn it.
When you acted the way you did, I told you what I thought so you would know you were in the wrong.
You were rude. How can I show respect to someone like that?

Okay, so you are debating semantics. In which case, you generalised.

It really isn't. Perhaps because so many people are hidden behind usernames it isn't immediately obvious to you?

Fair enough, I just can't understand trying to question a student's presence on a public forum based solely on their age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i knew somebody would mention divergent after i said the word faction :wink:
and yes, i thought it was a great film!
i love the post-apocalyptic type future films like the hunger games and all that

nah, i didn't expect you to agree :tongue:
people will still be good at different things, with normal levels of everything else, but just be super good at one thing in particular if that makes sense?
you would definitely be in the nice category:biggrin:
i don't think it would be good in general, but i would personally find it amazing; a lot fairer
but as the cliche goes, life isn't fair
pretty people will always come ahead no matter what i'm afraid.

and yes, i am bitter :tongue:

Yay that's what I wanted! :tongue: and the thought immediately came into my head when you said faction xD I love those films too! I really want to read the books but I'm waiting till my exams finish D: it's torture! And yeah that makes sense :smile: I guess I was thinking of Divergent again, if they don't fit solely in one then they dieeeee O:
But I guess I still don't understand how it would work as there could still be people who are attractive but with an average personality and intelligence, would it make that much of difference? It's interesting (: I do like fairness but I wouldn't want it if it doesn't help everyone :tongue: and that's true it isn't, but I wouldn't say your bitter ^-^
Original post by Rednekk
Thanks bro. I appreciate it.

no worries man, here to help (usually:colone:)

Original post by addylad
Okay, so you are debating semantics. In which case, you generalised.

It really isn't. Perhaps because so many people are hidden behind usernames it isn't immediately obvious to you?

Fair enough, I just can't understand trying to question a student's presence on a public forum based solely on their age.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i suppose that's a fair point; i did work on the notion that most TSR members are young-ish

meh i suppose; there's too much anonymity on this forum really - i don't leave anything covered up
people could easily find my facebook account from my TSR profile, but that's fine because i'm not bothered i guess.

i am not questioning his presence in the sense that i want him out of here, i was just enquiring as to why he was there (i assumed he was a student, but i couldn't be sure without asking really)

nice to see you somewhere except football forums though; i seldom bump in to anybody else from the footballing world on my travels elsewhere really :/

Original post by janicee
Yay that's what I wanted! :tongue: and the thought immediately came into my head when you said faction xD I love those films too! I really want to read the books but I'm waiting till my exams finish D: it's torture! And yeah that makes sense :smile: I guess I was thinking of Divergent again, if they don't fit solely in one then they dieeeee O:
But I guess I still don't understand how it would work as there could still be people who are attractive but with an average personality and intelligence, would it make that much of difference? It's interesting (: I do like fairness but I wouldn't want it if it doesn't help everyone :tongue: and that's true it isn't, but I wouldn't say your bitter ^-^

there are books?

Spoiler

i knew you would think it because i'm a psychology student :wink:
people assume you're a bloody mind reader; it's so annoying!
at least you can read them over the summer when you have nothing to do :smile:

that is true, but since there would be other people awesome at other things like humour, maybe there would be a greater attraction to such things because they might not be as common?

no i am bitter
i'm bitter that i got relative intelligence but got screwed in the look department
if i was above average at both, but not amazing, i'd be fine really
but since good looks are probably the best attribute you can have in this world (with minimal maintenance), it's just a little hard for me really
Hey guys
Haha :tongue: and it's a trilogy! O: I would say being considered a mind reader is a compliment! Is psychology in uni like psychology at A levels? Because I'd say it's interesting but all we're really doing is regurgitating the studies we learn. Some are interesting but some are :'(
And maybe, but again there could be people who are considered attractive but less so than that faction, but their humour is their dominant feature. If they could, people would gravitate towards those people first, it still wouldn't change the unfairness of it :frown:

Your not screwed silly :smile: and tbh that woman on honey booboo (please understand I don't actually watch it, I just know what she looks like) is insanely ugly... She's happily married xD if she can, anyone can :tongue:

I'm gunna go to sleep now (hopefully) but I'll reply if I can't xD
Reply 992
Original post by Squirb
My god you're beautiful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you...it's nice to see that people on this thread can appreciate the subtleties of true attractiveness.
Original post by janicee
Haha :tongue: and it's a trilogy! O: I would say being considered a mind reader is a compliment! Is psychology in uni like psychology at A levels? Because I'd say it's interesting but all we're really doing is regurgitating the studies we learn. Some are interesting but some are :'(
And maybe, but again there could be people who are considered attractive but less so than that faction, but their humour is their dominant feature. If they could, people would gravitate towards those people first, it still wouldn't change the unfairness of it :frown:

Your not screwed silly :smile: and tbh that woman on honey booboo (please understand I don't actually watch it, I just know what she looks like) is insanely ugly... She's happily married xD if she can, anyone can :tongue:

I'm gunna go to sleep now (hopefully) but I'll reply if I can't xD

Damn I gotta buy these books.

Haha, it would be a compliment if I could actually read minds!
Makes me feel like I'm missing out if I can't :/

It depends which uni you go to
My uni is very scientific, so there's a great deal of stats and fairly complex biology in my course
However the other end of the scale may teach much more about theories and have a greater sense of subjectivity.

Meh, just an idea; think it would be nice to have revered specialties to your personality, but I'm just a little weird :tongue:

Well I think I am; I understand less attractive people can have happy and nice relationships, but I'm not that bothered unless it happens to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha I completely agree :smile: and you should pretend you do xD But no one can so your not missing anything really. And oohh that that's interesting, I think I'd prefer the subjectivity of it but I'm guessing employees would prefer courses like the one your doing. And haha it's good to be weird :h: and yeah I guess so :/
Original post by Majestic_
Hey guys

You're so pretty! :redface:
Original post by boxed treasures

I don't understand why you've drawn an eye patch on? I'm not being rude. Just wondering? Oh and I forgot to add, you don't have to say if you don't want to.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by maddiegarcia
I don't understand why you've drawn an eye patch on? I'm not being rude. Just wondering?

Latest