The Student Room Group

Help! I'm seriously worried I completely messed up my AS geography paper 1!!

Okay so I'm kind of freaking out at the moment, I normally do really well and got good predicted grades at AS but I'm seriously worried I completely messed up the unit 1 exam which is 70%!!

I did the AQA geography exam on the 12th May 2014 and while I didn't find most of the paper that hard, the 15 markers were a nightmare!!

For the ice 15 marker I think I completely misread the question and so I basically just talked for the whole 15 marker about the development of the oil industry, for 2 case studies, and how over time it had progressed to be more sustainable. However now I realise that I should have compared with at least one other case study which was more traditional. It's so annoying because I knew the Antarctica one so well and just completely missed it!!

Also for the rivers one I think I perhaps focused too much on trying to fit it around a case study and so didn't go through each method and instead just used a large soft engineering case study for river restoration, wetlands and flood plain zoning to elaborate, however it was really messy and not thought out very well.

For the population 15 marker I think it was okay but I didn't really mention positives and negatives of migration out of a rural and urban, I just focused on counter urbanisation and immigration to large cities, however I did do positives and negatives for both.

It so annoying because all year I've basically been getting 15 on every 15 marker and now in the exam I've gone and mucked it up!

Sorry that's really long, basically just if anyone who did it can tell me if it sounds like I just completely messed up or not that would be great as I'm just really on edge at the moment, thank you :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah sounds like you messed up, that's life.
Reply 2
Original post by ForgottenApple
Yeah sounds like you messed up, that's life.

Do you think it was really bad or not necessarily, I did put in loads of detailed and case study stuff etc. I'm hoping that overall it might be okay
Original post by Jessy158
Do you think it was really bad or not necessarily, I did put in loads of detailed and case study stuff etc. I'm hoping that overall it might be okay

Sadly I can't tell you, the mark scheme will have what points to accept. The only thing I can say is even if you mess up there is always retakes next year, which as you're a straight A student should be a doddle
Reply 4
Don't worry about it. Your answers will pick up a lot of marks, probably 12/13 on each. Considering you only need about 70%-75% for 100% UMS then if you're a solid student normally you'll be absolutely on track for an A* next year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending