The Student Room Group

gyg- the gcse grind begins....

hii, first time doing a gyg! I feel like I need this for motivation to study more tbh.
grades:
maths-9
physics-9
chemistry-9
biology-8/9
english language-9
english literature- last mock was 6, but idk what I'm working at now???
german-9
computer science-8
geography-8/9
art-9
aims:
bump 8s to 9s, and make english literature at least a 7!!! my teacher is so bad, and he doesn't mark well, so honestly idk how to know my predicted grades- I am working with a tutor so hopefully the grades will grow....
current a-level choices: physics chemistry maths further maths
I will try to do at least 1.5 hours of revision on weekdays, and 4 on weekends, and will try to post daily to stay motivated. if anyone has any tips or any questions, please tell me!!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ELEPHANTRAT
hii, first time doing a gyg! I feel like I need this for motivation to study more tbh.
grades:
maths-9
physics-9
chemistry-9
biology-8/9
english language-9
german-9
computer science-8
geography-8/9
art-9
aims:
bump 8s to 9s, and make english literature at least a 7!!! my teacher is so bad, and he doesn't mark well, so honestly idk how to know my predicted grades- I am working with a tutor so hopefully the grades will grow....
I will try to do at least 1.5 hours of revision on weekdays, and 4 on weekends, and will try to post daily to stay motivated. if anyone has any tips or any questions, please tell me!!
hey, welcome to gyg!! those are some amazing grades, so proud of you!! can't wait to follow your journey :smile:
tagging some people to your journey:
@Tatakae L @emm4nuella @AspiringSurvivor @bicompton @studytee @flowersinmyhair @kayleigh_t.27
grades:
maths-9
physics-9
chemistry-9
biology-8/9
english language-9
german-9
computer science-8
geography-8/9
art-9
aims:
OMG HIII, im so happy you made one. I seen you on another thread and now on here, so WELCOME TO GYG.
your grades are amazinggg, and I hope you get even better in the real exams.

@milktee
Original post by erin11
hey, welcome to gyg!! those are some amazing grades, so proud of you!! can't wait to follow your journey :smile:
@Tatakae L @emm4nuella @AspiringSurvivor @bicompton @studytee @flowersinmyhair @kayleigh_t.27

Thanks for the tag!:heart:
grades:
maths-9
physics-9
chemistry-9
biology-8/9
english language-9
german-9
computer science-8
geography-8/9
art-9
aims:
Excited to follow your journey! Hope you enjoy being here
Original post by erin11
@erin11 congrats on your rolessssss :biggrin:!
Reply 5
thanks for the support everyone! forgot to mention I'm also doing fsmq which is kinda stressing me out. I will probably start proper revision in about an hour, hoping to do a decent amount today :smile:
thanks for the support everyone! forgot to mention I'm also doing fsmq which is kinda stressing me out. I will probably start proper revision in about an hour, hoping to do a decent amount today :smile:
Ooh that’s exciting so you really really enjoy maths?!
Reply 7
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Ooh that’s exciting so you really really enjoy maths?!
yeah I guess, but it often stresses me out which isn't great:no: and I'm doing pink kangaroo (ukmt) next week too, hoping to do better this year than last year.
yeah I guess, but it often stresses me out which isn't great:no: and I'm doing pink kangaroo (ukmt) next week too, hoping to do better this year than last year.
Hello!!
Ur grades are awesome keep it up with the gyg 👍👍
are you doing the intermediate or junior ?
Reply 9
Original post by koolkhad
Hello!!
Ur grades are awesome keep it up with the gyg 👍👍
are you doing the intermediate or junior ?
thanks, I'm doing the intermediate pink kangaroo, the follow on round :smile:
Reply 10
15/03
work completed:
-I've done about half of a kangaroo maths paper in the morning which is ok, I should have done more but honestly I just wanted to talk to friends lol
-about 1.5 hours of chemistry including paper 1 which is quite good for me
-now working on one of my initial ideas for art, it's taking longer than expected tbh
other stuff:
-baked cookies which is nice
-attended an engineering talk at school, which has been quite useful as I now have the email of an employee at a company, so I could probably contact them if I want to do work experience or something!
honestly today was a bit dead but I have completed my goal of studying (I will include art lol)
hey, I got the same subjects as u including fmsq and similar grades. mostly concerned about fsmq and art tbh. which exam boards are you doing?
Reply 12
Original post by sk_5557
hey, I got the same subjects as u including fmsq and similar grades. mostly concerned about fsmq and art tbh. which exam boards are you doing?

hey, nice to see someone else doing the same subjects! how are you finding them? art is a pain but luckily I usually keep up with work so at least not much catching up. so everything is aqa apart from the following:
maths and German- edexcel
art and fsmq-ocr
Reply 13
plan for today:
ok Saturdays are really busy for me so I won't get that much done, but I can still try:biggrin:
English lit frankenstein revision- I have a mock on Wednesday so I'm a bit worried...
finish chemistry past paper that I started yesterday
do AT LEAST 3 initial ideas for art
if I have time (i wont) do a kangaroo paper/fsmq?????
grades:
maths-9
physics-9
chemistry-9
biology-8/9
english language-9
german-9
computer science-8
geography-8/9
art-9
aims:
moved to grow your grades :biggrin:!
Reply 15
Original post by emm4nuella
moved to grow your grades :biggrin:!

oh thanks, I couldn't find it when posting for some reason lol
hey, nice to see someone else doing the same subjects! how are you finding them? art is a pain but luckily I usually keep up with work so at least not much catching up. so everything is aqa apart from the following:
maths and German- edexcel
art and fsmq-ocr
ah that's cool, haven't found anyone doing the same subjects as me until now. I'm doing AQA Geography and fsmq; Edexcel GCSE for Art but iGCSE Edexcel for everything else. for A-Level, I'm planning to do triple sci and maths. anyways all the best for your revision :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by sk_5557
ah that's cool, haven't found anyone doing the same subjects as me until now. I'm doing AQA Geography and fsmq; Edexcel GCSE for Art but iGCSE Edexcel for everything else. for A-Level, I'm planning to do triple sci and maths. anyways all the best for your revision :smile:
oh triple science and maths sounds stressful , good luck with the gcse subjects!
Reply 18
16/03
heyy, sorry for late update:
ermm so I finished the chemistry which is good
no english lit accomplished :/
I finished fully one initial idea and have done parts of three, so I guess that's decent???
I mean tbh for a saturday where I have stuff all day that's decent- tomorrow the real grind begins....
on another note I need to tidy my room it looks like a swamp of random textbooks and sheets
I also repotted my orchid which it turns out I'd been killing with over-watering, at least I caught it in time hopefully??
now goodnight, I need my beauty sleep to do LOTS of revision tomorrow (at least I'm telling myself that)
Reply 19
17/03
finished art but I think some ideas are bad
did pink kangaroo paper where I got 100!! let's goooo!!!!
did frankenstein English quotes
did maths homework
that's about it really
unrelatedly I started watching dune (1) and honestly it's decent, not straying from the books too much which is good 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending