The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Any PC gamers going to Bangor university this September?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chantheman
ah that's cool! I can get into indie games, are you going to bangor?

Yep! Going to do Medical Science. :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
I will have to meet you for a gaming sesh at Bangor :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a PC gamer and I was wondering if anyone who is going to Bangor university is to :smile:

Ye man FPS and RTS mainly :smile: i got Bangor as my insurance choice for chemistry- what halls you applying for?
Awesome :smile: I need to apply, probably one of the en-suite halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I'm a PC gamer and I was wondering if anyone who is going to Bangor university is to :smile:

Hey, I'll be a second year History student come September. Just gonna let you know that there are PLENTY of PC Gamers around, including myself, and most of the University Gaming League (one of the many societies).

And seeing as you're gonna be a History Fresher, may even see you around (most likely in the pub) during Fresher's Week, as most of my friends are gonna be peer guides.
Original post by Aarun
Hey, I'll be a second year History student come September. Just gonna let you know that there are PLENTY of PC Gamers around, including myself, and most of the University Gaming League (one of the many societies).

And seeing as you're gonna be a History Fresher, may even see you around (most likely in the pub) during Fresher's Week, as most of my friends are gonna be peer guides.

No way?!? Sounds awesome, I'd love to meet you and have you show me around :smile: how's the history course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
No way?!? Sounds awesome, I'd love to meet you and have you show me around :smile: how's the history course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally, I've really enjoyed the course this year. Plenty of choice from whether you like archaeology, medieval, early modern, modern periods and all of the lecturers are really friendly, encouraging and helpful if you ever need help with any assignments or just general University life.

And whilst I'm not a peer guide myself next year, I'm always open for questions and showing people around, etc. if you ever want to get in contact with me, just send me a private message on here and I'll see what I can do. :smile:
Reply 28
Sup. I'm bringing my PC (Intel i5-2500k @ 3.30Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX 570) to Bangor this September :biggrin:

I was surprised to see a PC Gamer thread on here, but it's nice to know there'll be other members of the master race. Are we sharing Steam profiles? 'Cause here's mine. Feel free to add me - otherwise, I hope to meet some of you guys when we're there! I'm thinking...LAN party.
Original post by Mird
Sup. I'm bringing my PC (Intel i5-2500k @ 3.30Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX 570) to Bangor this September :biggrin:

I was surprised to see a PC Gamer thread on here, but it's nice to know there'll be other members of the master race. Are we sharing Steam profiles? 'Cause here's mine. Feel free to add me - otherwise, I hope to meet some of you guys when we're there! I'm thinking...LAN party.

Nice set up :smile: yeah I made this thread because I want to meet other PC gamers :biggrin: I have gtx 670, i7 860 @ 2.8ghz , 8gb corsair vengeance ram :3 I'll add you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't join...yet :wink: Haha
Hi there PC gamer here in the process of bringing back his YouTube channel could use some coop help so might try find you in freshers week .
What games do you play?
GLORIOUS PCMASTERRACE haha, PRAISE GABEN.

I am taking my i5-2500k 3.30ghz, custom built PC. Although I built it a few years ago so I need to upgrade 4GB RAM to 8GB and I only have a AMD Radeon HD 4890 which is too dated for modern games on settings i'd like.

RAM is cheap enough, but i'm kinda waiting for Nvidia's 900 series to be released soon, hopefully some prices will drop and there will be a more worthy card for my investment. I'm aiming at something at least the power of a GTX 780 or better.

I've been saving myself like a virgin for her wedding day to play games haha. Don't want to touch games like The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dishonoured, Far Cry 3 until I can max them out at max settings 60fps, 1920x1080.

And also, GTA and The Witcher 3 coming in the near future so can't wait.

Alsooooo, Bangor has Fibre so dat internet speeeeeed.
Original post by Welsh Locs
GLORIOUS PCMASTERRACE haha, PRAISE GABEN.

I am taking my i5-2500k 3.30ghz, custom built PC. Although I built it a few years ago so I need to upgrade 4GB RAM to 8GB and I only have a AMD Radeon HD 4890 which is too dated for modern games on settings i'd like.

RAM is cheap enough, but i'm kinda waiting for Nvidia's 900 series to be released soon, hopefully some prices will drop and there will be a more worthy card for my investment. I'm aiming at something at least the power of a GTX 780 or better.

I've been saving myself like a virgin for her wedding day to play games haha. Don't want to touch games like The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dishonoured, Far Cry 3 until I can max them out at max settings 60fps, 1920x1080.

And also, GTA and The Witcher 3 coming in the near future so can't wait.

Alsooooo, Bangor has Fibre so dat internet speeeeeed.

You can do all that on a 670 bro xD
Reply 36
Praise Gaben! So what about that GTA5 release date, huh? What do you peeps think? Decent port? I certainly don't have much faith in Rocester...
You can do all that on a 670 bro xD

Yeah probably, however I am trying to futureproof my rig, cheaper in the long run.

Original post by Mird
Praise Gaben! So what about that GTA5 release date, huh? What do you peeps think? Decent port? I certainly don't have much faith in Rocester...

People are right to have their doubts about the port and lack of faith. All we can do though is wait and hope that we get the can we pay for.
I won't be taking my PC to Bangor, too much of a distraction for me. I'm gonna miss gaming so much. :frown:
You'll be missing out on so much dude :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest