The Student Room Group
Main entrance
Glyndwr University, Wrexham
Visit website

Wrexham Campus, Bangor University

I was so certain on studying radiography in Bangor uni but the Wrexham campus and I’m visiting at the moment and it is DEAD here, nobody around the town, shops close by 4?? I’m so torn and undecided now.
Original post by lil33321
I was so certain on studying radiography in Bangor uni but the Wrexham campus and I’m visiting at the moment and it is DEAD here, nobody around the town, shops close by 4?? I’m so torn and undecided now.

Hi there,
It's great to hear that you want to study Radiography at Bangor University!
But it's a shame that you didn't have a great experience when visiting Wrexham itself. One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the students living in Wrexham have finished for the summer so it might be a factor as to why it was a little quiet! I would advise you to talk to one of our current Radiography students so that they can tell you exactly what it's like to study at the Wrexham campus, you can chat here on our Unibuddy platform.

If you have any questions or would like any information I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna
Main entrance
Glyndwr University, Wrexham
Visit website
Original post by lil33321

Hi there! Sorry to hear you are feeling like that after your visit, but I agree with Anna, that it could be the time of year due to the fact that a lot of students finish in May/June and then return home for the summer, but some do stay if they have local jobs. It would feel busier in September I'm sure. I am going into my final year at Wrexham this coming year, studying social work, and have loved my time here. The shops/nightlife are good, with a local cinema/eateries too. A few shops/cafes have been closing earlier recently, but this is only temporary, I believe to be related to the pandemic, so this again will change in time. I have lived in student accommodation in the town centre which has been great, but there is also campus accommodation and a lot of local shared house rentals. If I can help with any questions you may have then just get in touch and hopefully we will see you in September! Caroline :smile:
Hey lia, idk if u still use ur account. R u enjoying radiography. I thinking of going bangor next year. Do u regret ur choice? Is uni life good? Is course what u exoected?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending