The Student Room Group

Laptop Recommendations

I'm currently looking into getting a new laptop for my Architecture course (2nd year), or to upgrade my current one to have more storage/memory (as well as getting a blue tooth mouse etc.). I currently have a 2017 Macbook Pro. If get a new laptop, I will need to look on the lower end budget-wise, but I want a laptop that can last me the full course with all the usual wear and tear and use of programmes. If I keep this one, I think it definitely needs some upgrades. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do/any laptop options?
Original post by jos02
I'm currently looking into getting a new laptop for my Architecture course (2nd year), or to upgrade my current one to have more storage/memory (as well as getting a blue tooth mouse etc.). I currently have a 2017 Macbook Pro. If get a new laptop, I will need to look on the lower end budget-wise, but I want a laptop that can last me the full course with all the usual wear and tear and use of programmes. If I keep this one, I think it definitely needs some upgrades. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do/any laptop options?

Lower-end budget laptops and architecture don't usually go together. Architecture software usually requires at least 16GB of memory and a good processor and graphics card. My son went for an ASUS TUF gaming laptop that was well over the £1k mark - he is a gamer anyway so for him it was worth it. Ask your department what they recommend. Or do you have access to department PCs where you can do most of your design work? Check out which software is recommended for your course (eg AutoCAD or Autodesk Revit), and look at the system requirements to run them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending