The Student Room Group

Would you say this is fat ?

Honest opinions please,I really wanna wear this dress to an event but don't wanna be getting "oh look at the fatty" looks :redface: I am trying to lose weight in general but the event is in 10 days so I really need to decide.

Edit : picture removed.cheers for the replies
(edited 9 years ago)
notsureifsrs
Reply 2
You're not fat but definitely not thin
No, you simply have Body Dysmorphic Disorder

Nothing to worry about :smile:
Is that an honest question?

Not fat at all :smile:
Reply 5
no your not fat.
Looks good :cute:
Jesus Christ in no way are you fat?!?!!!

Why would you do that? How is someone bigger than you going to feel with you parading around claiming you might be overweight.?
you got thick legs.

Original post by redferry
Jesus Christ in no way are you fat?!?!!!

Why would you do that? How is someone bigger than you going to feel with you parading around claiming you might be overweight.?

lol. notsureifsrs
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
fishing.png
Original post by ChickenMadness
you got thick legs.

lol. notsureifsrs

Genuinely serious. I have a similar figure to the op (but bigger boobs and smaller waist) and had never considered I might be fat before now. Seeing her question made me think ****, everyone probably thinks I'm fat. Then I was like shut up imagine how ****ty it must feel for people who are genuinely big, not a size 8-12 in clothes.
Reply 11
Thank guys for the replies, I removed the picture because I know friends here so don't really want them to see this thread and then realize it was me during the event and I don't really wanna turn this thread to one of those people arguing about what's considered fat.

Original post by buchanan700
Is that an honest question?

Not fat at all :smile:

It is actually. I showed the picture of the dress to my mom and she said I was fat for this dress which is the reason why I opened this thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
Genuinely serious. I have a similar figure to the op (but bigger boobs and smaller waist) and had never considered I might be fat before now. Seeing her question made me think ****, everyone probably thinks I'm fat. Then I was like shut up imagine how ****ty it must feel for people who are genuinely big, not a size 8-12 in clothes.

tbh I have no idea what sizes on women's clothes mean. But for someone who is genuinely overweight, a reality check does more good than harm. Given that they take it as a positive and try to lead a healthier lifestyle.

Also the figure you described should be pretty attractive to most guys. jussayin lol.
tbh I have no idea what sizes on women's clothes mean. But for someone who is genuinely overweight, a reality check does more good than harm. Given that they take it as a positive and try to lead a healthier lifestyle.

Also the figure you described should be pretty attractive to most guys. jussayin lol.

Except for the thick legs apparently O_o

Jesus.

Ah well I'll be hitting the gym again once the PhD starts. Not that that solves the leg issue, they just stay big and get really muscly. Not ever going to change that I don't think.

Given I already lead a healthy lifestyle (no junk food, walk for 45 mins a day or more) I'm not really sure I needed a wakeup call :frown:
Except for the thick legs apparently O_o

Jesus.

Ah well I'll be hitting the gym again once the PhD starts. Not that that solves the leg issue, they just stay big and get really muscly. Not ever going to change that I don't think.

Given I already lead a healthy lifestyle (no junk food, walk for 45 mins a day or more) I'm not really sure I needed a wakeup call :frown:

haha thick legs aren't necessarily bad. I was just making an observation.
haha thick legs aren't necessarily bad. I was just making an observation.

That's what my boyfriend says, I still hate them though. I'd like to be thin not 'curvy'. Or muscly. That's all that happens when I exercise, henchness.
That's what my boyfriend says, I still hate them though. I'd like to be thin not 'curvy'. Or muscly. That's all that happens when I exercise, henchness.

Did you used to be fatter when you were a kid, and as a result had muscular legs? Thats what happened to me. I ended up winning all the 100 metre races cus of that lol.

tbh only way you'd get rid of them is by just not eating much and having your muscles waste away.

But most men like thick legs n ass :biggrin:
Reply 17
Yes. This Is Fat.
Did you used to be fatter when you were a kid, and as a result had muscular legs? Thats what happened to me. I ended up winning all the 100 metre races cus of that lol.

tbh only way you'd get rid of them is by just not eating much and having your muscles waste away.

But most men like thick legs n ass :biggrin:

No I was a really skinny kid. I did a lot of swimming so that's in part why my legs are big, but my mum and gran have then as well so in part genetic.

Yeah even that doesn't work, when I got travelling and don't get to eat much I've lost a lot of weight before, it just comes back again once I start eating normally.

Quick Reply

Latest