The Student Room Group

What's your favourite Burger Joint?

Scroll to see replies

I don't normally go to Burger joints since in Edinburgh there aren't many which I know of... (please tell me if there are any). But, when I was younger, Wannaburger was a place we would visit not-so frequently.
Reply 81
My kitchen.
My favourite for probably both Food and Location is a bit of a cliché to be honest, but it really is good, not in the UK sadly, but Fergburger in New Zealand. I know people who've never been to New Zealand and couldn't even name a place there who asked me if I went.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fergburger
http://www.fergburger.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g255122-d1102295-Reviews-Fergburger-Queenstown_Otago_Region_South_Island.html

I've attached a pic, but if you google or go on trip advisor you'll see way better pics than mine. Really nice, both burger and chips. The ones I tried and kept going back to was the Tropical Swine, although the Cockadoodle Oink is nice as well. Mr. Big Stuff is a god send after a hard day skiing, but quite a big to manage otherwise!

UK I've not been to a huge amount, there's a local pub that does good burgers and is cheap as well (£11 for two courses, but it's decent butchers stuff).
Tgis cheeseburger :drool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
five guys and fries master race
If you're ever in Boston: Eagle's Deli and The Real Deal in Cleveland Circle, or Ten Tables in JP have my favourite burgers.

On the West Coast: In-N-Out, no competition (Double Double, Animal Style). Oh, maybe Burger Pit in San Jose. No, wait...Burger Pit is okay but I was actually thinking of Kal's Bbq in Sunnyvale.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 86
For some Northern representation Handmade Burger Co which is a small, nationwide chain is very good. Loads of options for toppings which make for very interesting burgers. Up north, there's one in the metro centre. It's London branch is in Wembley somewhere.
I really like JD Wetherspoons burgers with the honey glaze. Whiskey sauce burgers FTW!

Nothing I've tasted even compares to it IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not in London or Brighton, but there are 2 places in Southampton that do excellent burgers.

7Bone does some amazing combinations, the Robert Johnston almost gave me an orgasm. Their sliders option is decent as well, lets you try 2 or 3 different smaller burgers for a couple of quid more than just 1 big burger. Also, the chips are amazing.

The Rockstone Pub do really big, meaty burgers in loads of different varieties. Would possibly be worth getting the patty cooked medium-rare/rare as last time I had it cooked to standard and it was a tad dry for me. Again, the chips are insanely good and the pub itself has a load of locally brewed and European ales (try Kozel).

Additionally, a relatively new one has opened up in the city centre called Buzz's American Diner which I have decided I really need to try solely due to their Buzz's Big One challenge and alcoholic milkshakes.
Every wednesday when I went to Walkabout in Plymouth, there was a burger van operated by a nice lady across the road. And I'd almost always get a cheese-burger, with bacon, fried onions, ketchup and burger sauce. Now, it's not the best burger I have tasted (Hang Ten in Plymouth: 'oh my goodness, oh...my...dayum...') but it was my favorite burger van. I'd go there whatever the weather was -- and it was often chucking it down; have a chat and stuff, and I would go home happy, or it would prepare me for the night.
Reply 90
Five Guys
Byron
GBK

Byron WC burger was ridiculous though...
Reply 91
Five Guys is my favourite (aside from the burgers, I love getting orange coke out of those cool drink machines) but I rarely go there due to the price. Burger King is my favourite for cheap burgers.
Burger King Burgers, but McDonalds fries.
Or Wetherspoons burgers, decent.
Ed's Diner's burgers:tongue::angelwings::bumps:
Reply 94
If international locations are allowed, then my favourite is a place called Bobby's Burger Palace. They cook all the burgers to order, and they'll cook them how you like (i.e rare, well done or whatever). They also do sweet potato chips/fries which are better than regular IMO. It's not really fast food, but not really a restaurant either. It's sort of in between, a bit like Nando's.
Whataburger or In and Out (not in the UK but still)

Five guys... lol.
Reply 96
Honest Burgers, Brixton.
Reply 97
GBK: Nothing special.

Byron: Nothing special.

Honest Burgers (Brixton): The best burger by a considerable distance. I just keep going back. I put Brixton in brackets cos I tried the one in Oxford Circus and it wasn't the same, Maybe an off day, but Brixton never let me down.

Patty and Bun: Heard great things but all I got was an extremely raw burger (the centre was cold ffs), with a soggy bun and far too much sauce. Again, maybe an off day.

Next on my list is Meatliquor and Tommi's, but scared of a Patty and Bun repeat and far too addicted to Honet Burgers to make me change!
Byron is literally exactly the same as GBK :colonhash:
Dixys and chicken cottage in bradford! :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest