The Student Room Group

How do retakes affect your Uni offers?

Hi, i'm an AS level student, and after my C2 exam today and C1 on Monday, its safe to assume my maths grade this year will probably be a D or a C. My other subjects being, Biology,Chemistry and History. If i got AACD and continued with the two A subjects and the D in maths, but planned to retake C1/C2, would universities know this? Im just abit confused as to how any one with crap grades that then retook and came out with good grades would manage to get a place at a good uni for Law or something? Because if Unis don't know youre retaking, won't they give you offfers based on the AAD grades? Do you just have to apply for places with lower entry requirements and lower ranked uni's even though you may come out with AAB or AAA overall? Thanks in advance!
Moved to Applications and UCAS :h: . They are more well-placed to help you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hp707
Hi, i'm an AS level student, and after my C2 exam today and C1 on Monday, its safe to assume my maths grade this year will probably be a D or a C. My other subjects being, Biology,Chemistry and History. If i got AACD and continued with the two A subjects and the D in maths, but planned to retake C1/C2, would universities know this? Im just abit confused as to how any one with crap grades that then retook and came out with good grades would manage to get a place at a good uni for Law or something? Because if Unis don't know youre retaking, won't they give you offfers based on the AAD grades? Do you just have to apply for places with lower entry requirements and lower ranked uni's even though you may come out with AAB or AAA overall? Thanks in advance!

You're given predicted grades for the subjects you're continuing to A2, which universities see alongside your AS grades. You can also declare resits on your UCAS application, so universities will be able to see that you're retaking particular modules.

Why do you think you achieved a D/C? If it was a bad day rather than a lack of ability, then you may be able to get a teacher to vouch for you in your reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending