The Student Room Group

Retaking As Levels

I am an international student that is applying for top unis like LSE and UCL. My As results wasn’t as expected and I plan to retake my As levels with A2 so it will be considered as one sitting. The unis I am applying to doesn’t accept retakes. Will the unis know if I retake my As if I leave the As UCAS results empty and leave A2 as pending ? Will my chance to get into these unis be affected and is there even any point of applying?
Original post by Ys0505
I am an international student that is applying for top unis like LSE and UCL. My As results wasn’t as expected and I plan to retake my As levels with A2 so it will be considered as one sitting. The unis I am applying to doesn’t accept retakes. Will the unis know if I retake my As if I leave the As UCAS results empty and leave A2 as pending ? Will my chance to get into these unis be affected and is there even any point of applying?

You can't do that. UCAS make it very clear that you must enter all your qualifications. You can't choose to leave out those where you weren't happy with the grade. If you do, and the university finds out, they could simply withdraw any offer or place you've received.

So you would need to enter your AS qualifications twice. Once with the grades you achieved, and again as "Pending".

However, I would expect that they wouldn't have a problem with you retaking your AS levels alongside your A levels anyway. Their entry requirements will be based on your A Level grades, and you will have obtained your A levels within the usual two-year period.

If in doubt, contact their admissions teams and ask the question. (Create a throw-away email account if you don't want to be associated with the question.)
Reply 2
Original post by undefined
You can't do that. UCAS make it very clear that you must enter all your qualifications. You can't choose to leave out those where you weren't happy with the grade. If you do, and the university finds out, they could simply withdraw any offer or place you've received.

So you would need to enter your AS qualifications twice. Once with the grades you achieved, and again as "Pending".

However, I would expect that they wouldn't have a problem with you retaking your AS levels alongside your A levels anyway. Their entry requirements will be based on your A Level grades, and you will have obtained your A levels within the usual two-year period.

If in doubt, contact their admissions teams and ask the question. (Create a throw-away email account if you don't want to be associated with the question.)

Is it true if the students in UK doesn’t take As. I just think that it would be a bit unfair if the uni decided not to give me an offer based of my As results.
Original post by Ys0505
Is it true if the students in UK doesn’t take As. I just think that it would be a bit unfair if the uni decided not to give me an offer based of my As results.

I agree. That's why I suggested you contact them to make sure that they are of the same opinion.

(Note that some parts of the UK still take AS and A Levels separately; but that's not relevant to your point.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending