The Student Room Group

Arabic AS edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samaiar
On the mark scheme they say if you go over the word limit by 10 words then they just finish reading the last clause and then they stop. So if some of your points go over that they may not be marked but it might also depend on the examiner. I don't know I always right looads.
:smile:

same here :frown:
u know let us pray that Allah, the Almighty gives us one safe examiner to check out our work

u know what make it clear in ur essay where ur from and hope ur examiner is from that country might let u off with a few marks
u know wat arabs are like:cool::tongue:
Good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by blaspame
same here :frown:
u know let us pray that Allah, the Almighty gives us one safe examiner to check out our work

u know what make it clear in ur essay where ur from and hope ur examiner is from that country might let u off with a few marks
u know wat arabs are like:cool::tongue:

Naa what if your Palestinian or something and the examiner turns out to be an Isreali?
But inshallah all will be fine. I went to a lecture by edexcel and the chief examiner was Syrian but this was 2 years ago.
Reply 43
and good luck all:smile:
Reply 44
How did everyone find it ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It wasn't too bad... Better than I expected but still unsure about some of what I wrote :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
I was a bit lost on the multiple choice question as it seemed really unclear, especially the first statement. does anyone remember if they ticked the first statement?
what boxes did poeple tick on the first exercise? and what do u think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by samaiar
Naa what if your Palestinian or something and the examiner turns out to be an Isreali?
But inshallah all will be fine. I went to a lecture by edexcel and the chief examiner was Syrian but this was 2 years ago.

Nah doubt it lol...i hope :rolleyes:
Yea inshaAllah u get top grade :smile:

Exam wasnt bad alhamdullilah...easier than last year
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samaiar
I was a bit lost on the multiple choice question as it seemed really unclear, especially the first statement. does anyone remember if they ticked the first statement?

Wat was the first statement...
Original post by samaiar

LOOOOOL
ALHAMDULILLAH, IT WAS Ok, but i've only ever studied quranic arabic so it was obvs a tad modern for me, but overall O.K. inshallah the grade boundaries are low so we ALL get As!!
still cant believe they wanted 200-280 words when usually they ask for 180-200 worded essay, oh velllllll! Arabic isnt even my home language, so i pray i done well !
Reply 53
Hey guys :smile: I took AS Arabic last year - seems like ages ago! Good luck to you all - بالتوفيق
Reply 54
Hi guys, I did the exam this morning. I thought the translation section was a bit difficult, what do you think?
Original post by samaiar

Yeppp I remember ticking the first box
Original post by HA777
Hi guys, I did the exam this morning. I thought the translation section was a bit difficult, what do you think?

Failed translation lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emilyborexx
Failed translation lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha I thought the translation was so easy, UNTIL I asked everyone and they said that "Saharat el-Kobra" actually means "Sahara desert". I was silly and literally translated "Kobra" as "Great" lol. Whoops. What did you do???
Reply 58
Lol! I couldn't even spell desert properly.
Original post by BarBaBaBaBarBaBaBa
Ahaha I thought the translation was so easy, UNTIL I asked everyone and they said that "Saharat el-Kobra" actually means "Sahara desert". I was silly and literally translated "Kobra" as "Great" lol. Whoops. What did you do???

WAllah i had a feeling it was the sahara desert but i wrote the big desert
😱

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending