The Student Room Group

Arabic a level

I want to take Arabic a level. I don’t know how to speak it all all , I am not a native speaker , however I am Muslim and know how to read Quran (which is in Arabic ) can I still pick it and get a good grade ? Or is it a waste of time.
I picked up some fusha ( modern arabic) arabic in uni. You can do it if you are consistent and practice. As you are learning you will pick up words from Qur'an as well.
If you up for the hard work go ahead. May Allah help you in your journey ❤️
Reply 2
Original post by Dreamer0827
I picked up some fusha ( modern arabic) arabic in uni. You can do it if you are consistent and practice. As you are learning you will pick up words from Qur'an as well.
If you up for the hard work go ahead. May Allah help you in your journey

Do I need to take Arabic gcse in order to do a level ?
Original post by Shakilax_
Do I need to take Arabic gcse in order to do a level ?

Of course studying at A level will be difficult for you considering you don't have any prior knowledge so best advice is if you have not done your gcses then take gcse arabic but if not then best consult the A level arabic teacher on what they say. my opinion is yes it will be difficult but if you are really into learning the arabic language it will take hard work and being consistent. Also, remember that arabic is not exactly same us the arabic in Qur'an yes if you have understanding of arabic language you might be able to get gist of what is written in the quran but it will not be exactly same if that is the reason you want to learn arabic. you might want to study Qur'an alongside arabic if that is what you want.

if it's just a hobby that you want to learn arabic then i suggest don't take the stress of learning it at A level instead learn it at your own time and pace which will keep the language fun too and plus you can still join arabic language clubs at school or university.

whatever you choose good luck. :pal2:
Reply 4
Original post by Shakilax_
I want to take Arabic a level. I don’t know how to speak it all all , I am not a native speaker , however I am Muslim and know how to read Quran (which is in Arabic ) can I still pick it and get a good grade ? Or is it a waste of time.

I did Arabic at GCSE 2 years ago and i did my A Level Arabic this year.
Surprisingly, the A Level Edexcel Specification says GCSE Arabic is not a pre requirement
But having done Arabic at A Level, definitely I would disagree with that. But nevertheless if you can read and understand Arabic well, you will hopefully do well in A Level Arabic because there is no speaking test at A Level Arabic. This is for the Edexcel Specification not sure about other exam boards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending