The Student Room Group

Arabic a level 2020

I am taking Arabic a level as an external candidate but I have no one in my school to help me not a student or teacher. I have no problem studying by myself ( i got a 9 in my Arabic GCSE) but I don't know where to start, I don't have any studying materials and I don't know who to ask during this pandemic.help me, please.
Original post by zmaki
I am taking Arabic a level as an external candidate but I have no one in my school to help me not a student or teacher. I have no problem studying by myself ( i got a 9 in my Arabic GCSE) but I don't know where to start, I don't have any studying materials and I don't know who to ask during this pandemic.help me, please.

You will have to find an exam board that offers it.
You will then have to find the spec and textbooks.
Also, the specification.
You will then have to teach yourself.
Also find an exam centre to book and pay for the exam.
Sit the exam on the relevant date.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/arabic-2018.html
Reply 2
Original post by zmaki

Hi, I was going to do my Arabic GCSEs this year but it was cancelled because of COVID. Do you have any tips or help that you can give me for next year.
Much appreciated. Thx.
Reply 3
Original post by jo...ha
Hi, I was going to do my Arabic GCSEs this year but it was cancelled because of COVID. Do you have any tips or help that you can give me for next year.
Much appreciated. Thx.

sorry for the late reply but i am pretty sure you haven't done them yet
my advice for you is to practice your translations with the standard arabic, try to practice translating text from arabic to english and english to arabic
try to perfect your arabic spellings and avoid making simple mistakes such as confusing the س ص / ظ ض
i hope this helps, i cant think of anything else maybe try to expand your arabic vocabulary more
good luck
inshaalla you get the highest grades
Original post by zmaki

Hi
im about to sit my arabic a level in about 3 months but i don't really know where to start from do you have any tips?
thank you
Reply 5
Original post by Iz_ahmed_Zi
Hi
im about to sit my arabic a level in about 3 months but i don't really know where to start from do you have any tips?
thank you

Hi, i want to sit an arabic a level or as level but i dont know how? do you know any places that offer it/ how to do this?
Reply 6
Original post by kmxsn
Hi, i want to sit an arabic a level or as level but i dont know how? do you know any places that offer it/ how to do this?

I did my A Level Arabic exam this year. At Exam center London
Reply 7
Original post by Mal2004
I did my A Level Arabic exam this year. At Exam center London

was it expensive?* do you think its worth it? i want to take it because i only have 2 a levels and 1 as right now so i want to raise my ucas points to get into a good uni
Reply 8
Original post by kmxsn
was it expensive?�* do you think its worth it? i want to take it because i only have 2 a levels and 1 as right now so i want to raise my ucas points to get into a good uni

It costs around £300 I think, but there are organisations that can fully fund this cost for you. I contacted princes trust who asked me to fill some forms and then they payed for the exams completely.

I definitely found it worth it for me, because I also had 2 A Levels and 1 AS. So doing A Level Arabic (Edexcel) definitely helped me get the grades I needed for University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending