The Student Room Group

A-Level Arabic: How do I prepare for 2022?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Information from those taking the A-Level currently would be much appreciated. Pearson Edexcel exam board. Anyone doing the A-Level is aware that there is relatively ZERO information on the internet or textbooks etc. This is a problem as I wish to study the A-Level independently and apart from the books and films which are available on the internet as well as the sample papers, there is nothing else. Not even a past examination paper as this the new specification. So my question is for those who are studying this in sixth form/college... What resources have your teachers given you or advised you to use?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

I think it's just because very few take this A-Level and many are in the same situation as me!
Reply 3
Original post by help_bot2021
I think it's just because very few take this A-Level and many are in the same situation as me!

have u found anything? im also doing the exam this year
Original post by MoJam
have u found anything? im also doing the exam this year

Im doing it this year aswell . What you doing to prepare for them - u doing edexcel ?
Reply 5
Original post by Lujxin.
Im doing it this year aswell . What you doing to prepare for them - u doing edexcel ?

Yep edexcel, im just doing the research task about social norms in syria, dunno how im gonna analyse the books/films
Created the thread 1 year ago... exam is in 20 days. Should probably start the A-Level properly 😭
Y'all I'm making a group chat for all of us on Snapchat. Add me on snap sullysog
Original post by MoJam
Yep edexcel, im just doing the research task about social norms in syria, dunno how im gonna analyse the books/films

how u doing ur research - based on what information ?
Reply 9
Original post by Lujxin.
how u doing ur research - based on what information ?

random websites
Original post by MoJam
random websites

can u answer the private message - probs better to speak to u on there
Reply 11
Original post by Lujxin.
can u answer the private message - probs better to speak to u on there

idk how to use it, msg sullysog on snap we have a gc there
Can you add me please
I added your snap, could you add me to the gc?
Reply 14
Original post by salshare
I added your snap, could you add me to the gc?

Is the gc still active, I’m sitting the exam in a couple of weeks and idk what I’m doing with the research product or how to analyse the book and film etc
Original post by Saez.218
Is the gc still active, I’m sitting the exam in a couple of weeks and idk what I’m doing with the research product or how to analyse the book and film etc

lmao there is barley any students doing it this year on here, ive gotten a pdf summary of the book sparrow from the east if thats the one you are doing
Reply 16
Original post by MoJam

Hi I have my Arabic paper 2 in two days but I am struggling on how to write my answers about the book and the film and does it have to be in English or Arabic it doesn’t say anything on the practice papers. I am Syrian and speak Arabic very well.
you have to write your answer in arabic
Original post by Lelu sh
Hi I have my Arabic paper 2 in two days but I am struggling on how to write my answers about the book and the film and does it have to be in English or Arabic it doesn’t say anything on the practice papers. I am Syrian and speak Arabic very well.
Reply 18
Original post by fluffypink12345
you have to write your answer in arabic

Do I have to include quotes and how many paragraphs do I need to write does it need a intro and a conclusion?
Reply 19
Original post by Lelu sh
Do I have to include quotes and how many paragraphs do I need to write does it need a intro and a conclusion?
Hi,
Im doing my a level arabic aswell this year in may, how did your exams go?
I was wondering if you can help me a little? Because i am very lost right now and dont even know how to study as i have no teacher for it at all.

Quick Reply

Latest