The Student Room Group

AS AQA Mathematics Statistics 1B MS1B June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
can someone upload the official mark scheme please? i've completely messed up the last question,i really want to know if i've got the other questions correct :frown:
I thought it was a nice paper too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ma591
can someone upload the official mark scheme please? i've completely messed up the last question,i really want to know if i've got the other questions correct :frown:

Did you get quite a big confidence interval and then 140 wasn't in the range of the interval for the next question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This exam was an average paper overall, however I made 2 mistakes. Firstly question 1, can anyone remember there answers for the 2 standard deviations, also question 6 i made a mistake I think as when I put x in the regression line it didn't fit the table, my regression line was y=10.75-0.00085x can anyone remember there's please?
Reply 84
I was pleasantly surprised by that paper. The questions were well balanced and hopefully it'll make up for my complete mess up on core 2 :smile:

Also, as someone has requested, feel free to assemble an unofficial mark scheme. I can't remember any of the answers I wrote down so I'm useless :biggrin:
Stats exam was soo easy. Grade boundaries are going to be sky high
Original post by Pritchy1996
This exam was an average paper overall, however I made 2 mistakes. Firstly question 1, can anyone remember there answers for the 2 standard deviations, also question 6 i made a mistake I think as when I put x in the regression line it didn't fit the table, my regression line was y=10.75-0.00085x can anyone remember there's please?

I got y to be abou 14.9 ish or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unofficial mark scheme is needed here egg heads
Original post by winniestar57
I got y to be abou 14.9 ish or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean the value of a to be 14.9 something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by PulsarX
I was pleasantly surprised by that paper. The questions were well balanced and hopefully it'll make up for my complete mess up on core 2 :smile:

Also, as someone has requested, feel free to assemble an unofficial mark scheme. I can't remember any of the answers I wrote down so I'm useless :biggrin:

Exactly what I was thinking, i hated c2
imo it was a better paper than most past papers i've done. only realised towards the end i completely missed one of the questions.. the question where you had to find the probability where it doesn't equal X which was 1.

easiest mark you'll ever pick up lol
How do you think will the grade boundaries be? What will be the boundary for an A?
Original post by miscwhatdo
imo it was a better paper than most past papers i've done. only realised towards the end i completely missed one of the questions.. the question where you had to find the probability where it doesn't equal X which was 1.

easiest mark you'll ever pick up lol

I did exactly the same thing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by antrum95
How do you think will the grade boundaries be? What will be the boundary for an A?

68 for an A IMO.
Original post by antrum95

I'm going for 64/65

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
For the insurance probability question, didnt you have to subtract the probability of getting 3 or above from 2 to find the exact probability of getting a 2??
Original post by Scarlett44
I did exactly the same thing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol did you manage to put the right answer in :biggrin:
Original post by bgees18
For the insurance probability question, didnt you have to subtract the probability of getting 3 or above from 2 to find the exact probability of getting a 2??

Insurance probability?!? My probability question was about eye and hair colour. Might be a different exam you did there:wink:
Back to grade boundaries, it will be high, 68 seems far fetched if you take into account that the highest ever boundary was 63. Usually it was 60..
Original post by miscwhatdo
lol did you manage to put the right answer in :biggrin:

Yes 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending