The Student Room Group

Cab I apply for uni?

I have failed the first 3 papers for physics (edexcel ial), passed all chem and maths papers. I don't know which degree I should pursue and I really want to start uni this year. Can someone advise me on this?
Original post by Fizzahsiraj66
I have failed the first 3 papers for physics (edexcel ial), passed all chem and maths papers. I don't know which degree I should pursue and I really want to start uni this year. Can someone advise me on this?

What grades do you have in International A level Physics, Chemistry and Maths?

Have you actually applied for university this year yet? (The equal consideration deadline was 31st January this year.)

What do you have an interest in studying? (Not Physics, presumably. :wink:)
For Chemistry, an overall is a D. For Maths, overall is a C. I still have p3, p4, and p5 left to write in May/June session.
I have more interest for Math more than Chemistry and Physics.
Original post by Fizzahsiraj66
For Chemistry, an overall is a D. For Maths, overall is a C. I still have p3, p4, and p5 left to write in May/June session.
I have more interest for Math more than Chemistry and Physics.

OK. So let's assume those are the grades you end-up with: CD. Those grades are worth 56 UCAS points.

If you search around for universities which offer mathematics with a foundation year, and which specify their entry requirements in terms of UCAS points, you'll find places to which you can apply.

For example, London Metropolitan University have a "Mathematics (including foundation year) - BSc (Hons)" degree where the entry requirement is "at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points" (details).

So, in answer to your original question
which was, "Cab I apply for uni?", the answer is clearly, "Yes".
If you are an International applicant you need to look at International Foundation Years at sensible Unis as a way of raising your grade profile prior to starting a degree. Examples :
Mathematics and Statistics | Course for International Students (warwick.ac.uk)
BSc Mathematics with International Foundation Year - September Entry - 2025/26 (reading.ac.uk)
International Foundation Year | University of Leeds
This would enable you to do a degree course at a far better Uni than somewhere like London Met

Quick Reply

Latest