The Student Room Group

Product Design degrees

What universities would you recommend for a product design degree? Also, how do the product design Bsc differ from Product Design Ba. Thankyou!
Reply 1
Original post by Bluejelly
What universities would you recommend for a product design degree? Also, how do the product design Bsc differ from Product Design Ba. Thankyou!

Hi I know i'm not answering your question here but have you done produce design before? Because i'm doing it and i could do with some help... :colondollar:
I think UAL does a good product design course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm doing product design as an AS and will be carrying it on as an A2
Reply 4
That's great. I also hear Brunel is good and Loughborough! Do you know anything about those courses?
I would assume the BA degree would have a greater focus on the artistic and creative skills, the BSc would probably have more "technical" topics such as materials, manufacture, etc. It will ultimately depend on the syllabus and your intended career path.

According to Nottingham Trent, the BSc is an accredited degree with the Institute of Engineering Design (IED), so certainly seems more oriented towards the technical application of product design instead of the purely aesthetic.

Regarding choosing a university (general info for all degree hunting), league tables are exceptionally vague, but can give a rough estimate of the quality of the university. Look at the prospectus for a bunch of them and see what sorts of work they do. Visit them and see what their facilities are like. You can use unistats.direct.gov.uk to look at the graduates for each university too. Ultimately though, feel comfortable with the university as you'll have to be there for 3 years or more.

Quick Reply

Latest