The Student Room Group

Applied Professional Engineering Program degree apprenticeship at JLR

Hi!
I am going to be applying for the APEP degree apprenticeship at JLR and am not sure if I want to take the product design or electrical pathway. Both options seem interesting to me as I enjoy designing in CAD and some of my favorite topics in Physics A level are from the electrical side of physics.
I just wanted to know what type of work a product design engineer would do compared to an electrical engineer? There aren't many major differences in the courses apart from the optional modules so I would like to know what the differences are in the actual working environments.
If you are/have worked as a product design engineer or an electrical/electronics engineer, could you please describe what your average day at work would be like?
Original post by AsgardianDemigod
Hi!
I am going to be applying for the APEP degree apprenticeship at JLR and am not sure if I want to take the product design or electrical pathway. Both options seem interesting to me as I enjoy designing in CAD and some of my favorite topics in Physics A level are from the electrical side of physics.
I just wanted to know what type of work a product design engineer would do compared to an electrical engineer? There aren't many major differences in the courses apart from the optional modules so I would like to know what the differences are in the actual working environments.
If you are/have worked as a product design engineer or an electrical/electronics engineer, could you please describe what your average day at work would be like?
I'm doing PDD, how far have you gone into the process

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending