The Student Room Group

Awesome chat up line

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by The_Dragonborn
I'm of Indian descent.

The accent takes practice, but you never want to sound working-class (although that has a charm of its own, its not appropriate here) or chavy. And I'm talking classy girls.

Indian? Serious? Haha, madness...I would just freak out if I heard a South Asian talk proper English (my best mate actually speaks posh, but I got used to it, I actually like it), I think it's because I'm from Tower Hamlets.
Oh, was just trying to guess what you study. In my experience, classy girls always seem to go for English literature. But yes, you did it at A level.

Hm can't say I agree, with guys I've met anyway. Found the ones doing arts degree to be childish and irritating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes they do, but you have to deliver them right. I do this all the time, works like a dream.

1. Wear a well-fitted three piece suit. I can't stress the importance of well fitted - anything else will make you look like a try hard.

2. You need a drink in your hand. Best results achieved with something sophisticated, I myself use Appleton rum, neat, on the rocks.

3. Holding the drink in your hand, approach the lady and deliver the line, slowly, confidently, in perfect King's English.

All this gives you the necessary charm and a touch of sophistication to pull off the line without looking like a dick. Go and seduce my friend.

You are still doing AS levels for goodness sake. Who are you trying to seduce, 30 year olds?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by donutaud15
I'm mixed. I'm not much of a drinker but I don't see why I shouldn't drink alcohol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mixed? Can you be specific? Are you half English, half Indian or something?

Most South Asians either believe in Islam, Hinduism or Sikhism, and I'm pretty sure all three of them prohibit the use of alcohol? I know Islam does...I just assumed you were a Muslim that's why.
Reply 84
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
You are still doing AS levels for goodness sake. Who are you trying to seduce, 30 year olds?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly haha...plus, I'd rather be myself and let them get a sense of my personality instead of me trying to impersonate someone entirely different, i.e I cannot for the life of me, act posh and speak like I'm reading the thesaurus out.
Original post by AnharM
Mixed? Can you be specific? Are you half English, half Indian or something?

Most South Asians either believe in Islam, Hinduism or Sikhism, and I'm pretty sure all three of them prohibit the use of alcohol? I know Islam does...I just assumed you were a Muslim that's why.

I'm actually Catholic but I'm pretty sure my Hindu father drinks a fair bit. I'm a mixed of Filipino, Chinese, Indian, Spanish and Italian.

In any case my drinking is limited to occasional whiskey, wine at Christmas and Buck's Fizz at new year's day so I don't see the harm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 86
I'm actually Catholic but I'm pretty sure my Hindu father drinks a fair bit. I'm a mixed of Filipino, Chinese, Indian, Spanish and Italian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you be a mix of all? How does that work? Unless...if your grandparents are Spanish, Italian etc?
Original post by AnharM
Exactly haha...plus, I'd rather be myself and let them get a sense of my personality instead of me trying to impersonate someone entirely different, i.e I cannot for the life of me, act posh and speak like I'm reading the thesaurus out.

He's talking like he's only playing a character simply to get them to have sex with him. The very definition of using someone.

Please continue with your approach, It might take you a bit longer but you'd have a deeper and more meaningful relationship in the end because there's no lies or pretence involved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnharM
How can you be a mix of all? How does that work? Unless...if your grandparents are Spanish, Italian etc?

Father- Indian so half.
Grandmother in mother's side- Chinese-Italian/Filipino
Grandfather in mother's side- Spanish-Filipino

Also see edit in previous post regarding alcohol consumption.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
He's talking like he's only playing a character simply to get them to have sex with him. The very definition of using someone.

Please continue with your approach, It might take you a bit longer but you'd have a deeper and more meaningful relationship in the end because there's no lies or pretence involved.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would use his approach...but it would be difficult to keep up the pretence lmao.
Reply 90
Father- Indian so half.
Grandmother in mother's side- Chinese-Italian/Filipino
Grandfather in mother's side- Spanish-Filipino

Also see edit in previous post regarding alcohol consumption.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not putting you down at all for drinking, don't worry, drink as much as you want. I just assumed you were a Muslim for some weird reason.
Original post by AnharM
Not putting you down at all for drinking, don't worry, drink as much as you want. I just assumed you were a Muslim for some weird reason.

Just thought it was an odd post but glad that's clarified things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnharM
I would use his approach...but it would be difficult to keep up the pretence lmao.

Don't use his approach if you're after a relationship as opposed to just sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is you trying to fu*ck or naw?
Reply 94
Don't use his approach if you're after a relationship as opposed to just sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I know what you mean...I won't ever go for a relationship with a posh girl though

Quick Reply

Latest