The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by The Assassin
we'll probably offer some ridiculously high prices for some english players. Can see 35m for shaw, 45m for barkley and/or 15m for john ruddy.

inb4 stylo92 comes in and says 45m would be a bargain for barkley

edit: i think we're going to sell lukaku...

i'm actually done with football if that happens.
[video="youtube;OG54o9b8844"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG54o9b8844[/video]
Reply 62
Oh Torres :sad:
Reply 64
Wow, Lukaku and Hazard grabbing goals for Belgium again. We need Lukaku back and starting next season. Probably get more goals out of the duo if they both play together for club and country.

Imagine KDB, Lukaku and Hazard all spearheading our attack :coma: Belgium onslaught
Original post by mhsc
Oh ****, new mod on the scene....Someone I have never seen post in the Football forum, in my time here since 2007. GG.

Actually there's precedent for that with Debate & Discussion when I was a regular there back in 2004-2006. It looked like the hierarchy then didn't want a regular from that section that had a majority backing of the heavy regulars in that section. Wouldn't have minded but the mod was on a year abroad and he logged in like three times during the year he was made a mod. I could understand having an 'outsider' back then because of political biases may interfere with moderation so perhaps this is the same thinking? If we have a certain poster who supports x team and he or she is being given exemplary punishments while others get far less for similar stuff then it won't take long for people to notice. It's not like people have missed that nearly always a Football mod supports a team in the "top 4". The only one who didn't is an Evertonian but that was a long time ago. #duringthewar

May be very few football regulars applied to be a mod for here? I never bothered since I won't have the time anyway, especially with Unreal Tournment 4 and Borderlands: The Presequel coming out soon. :biggrin:
Original post by Yawn-er
Mourinho just needs to swallow his pride with Lukaku and get over the dispute tbh.

Wonder if he thinks he's untouchable from his stature gained from supporters during his first spell because he might be in for a surprise. Carlo got the Double and Robbie got us the Champions League so it's not he can come out and say "without me this club won't win anything" etc.
Reply 67
Original post by Malevolent
Oh Torres :sad:

Yeah it's a real sob story, he makes me break down and cry when I think about him.

Now if he just paid his wages back to the club for a year we'd have enough money to buy a striker twice as good as him. Bare in mind that he gets 13.9M for a year.

So since I'm baked and I like the prospect of 13.9M. Who could we buy for around that price or who has been been bought by another club or our club for around that price that's twice as good as this ****head?
Reply 68
Original post by jam278
Yeah it's a real sob story, he makes me break down and cry when I think about him.

Now if he just paid his wages back to the club for a year we'd have enough money to buy a striker twice as good as him. Bare in mind that he gets 13.9M for a year.

So since I'm baked and I like the prospect of 13.9M. Who could we buy for around that price or who has been been bought by another club or our club for around that price that's twice as good as this ****head?

Wilfried Bony & Benteke :tongue:
Reply 70
Ok that means that he's going to be at Atlético Madrid or Barcelona.
Lots of varane rumours today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Lampard is gone. :frown:
Original post by jam278

I think his shirt sales alone surpassed 50m in his first few seasons
Mata, Luiz, Lampard, Cole, Drogba.
The players who took penalties in the UCL Final are no longer with us.
Reply 75
Original post by RedArrow
I think his shirt sales alone surpassed 50m in his first few seasons

That's great to know.

Atletico players being linked to Chelsea is getting a bit old now, it's like us and Dutch players.

13 Courtois - Chelsea player
20 Juanfran
03 Filipe Luis -
14 Gabi -
23 Miranda
02 Godín -
08 Raúl García
05 Tiago - Former Chelsea player
09 Villa - X
19 Diego Costa -
06 Koke -

Just Miranda and Juanfran to go then.
Reply 77
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Lots of varane rumours today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just doesn't make sense. We've got Cahill, Kalas, Terry, Zouma and Omeruo. If we really wanted Varane I doubt we'd have bought Zouma in January. It doesn't matter anyway coz Real would never let him go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guardian reporting that you're in for Fabregas.

I guess he'd play next to Matic? Would have to be more restrained than his Arsenal days when he effectively played like a number #10 behind RVP.
**** Fabregas. Just sign Barkley and watch another Lampard evolve.

Latest