The Student Room Group

Do you buy clothes in charity shops?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Occasionally if I find something good that fits me! The shops down here don't really get stocked that often so it's not often that i'll find something new :frown:

I like buying from charity, makes me feel good about reusing and makes me all thrifty. Some of my favourite clothes have come from them! And nobody else will own them :3
No, branded clothes at vintage/charity shops are overpriced.
Original post by woocallum
But do you like what you see?!

I do, I do indeed! Hnnng
I like to buy jeans and turn them into shorts download.jpg
likee them
I have in the past, mainly for fancy dress though!

I wouldn't buy anything from a charity shop that had previously been used to contain other people's genitals or feet though.
Reply 25
Nope never, just seems to much of a hassle to travel and look around. But I do buy second hand stuff from ebay
I do sometimes. I'll have a look around & see if there's anything I like.
Original post by Maid Marian
It would have to be something that I really, really wanted. I know what sort of journey that clothes in charity shops go on :puke:

They get worn by somebody else?
Reply 28
I'm a uni guy and Ive suddenly grown fanatic about charity shops after on holiday I stumbled in one and found some crazy cheap jackets that were quite nice and clearly more expensive. I want to buy more clothes from charity shop but I'm not sure .I feel kind of embarrassed as my mum told me never to buy from there. Should I buy from there? I'm sorta on the fence
Reply 29
I like a good look around. Bought a few shirts and polos over the years. Also a large Beatles poster haha
Reply 30
I remember years ago buying a Nintendo GameCube game from one of those shops and then selling it at CeX for a profit lol
Original post by Pandii
I like a good look around. Bought a few shirts and polos over the years. Also a large Beatles poster haha

Quick Reply

Latest