The Student Room Group

too much to ask for?

i am a teenager living with parents as I am a minor

I don't get an allowance at all and I don't even ask for skincare , makeup etc. I see my friends buying from primark , victoria secret , dior etc

I don't even ask for new clothes , all I ask is to buy some from a charity shop which is just 1 quid per outfit (which I don't even get to choose) and just moisturizer from Poundland which I went without for 3 months and my skin started to get really really bad , still my parents call me selfish and egotist.

I cant go for a part time job too , and I don't get any allowance or gift money.
my parents are well off to buy me something that cheap and no I don't ask it regularly

I am a girl with basic needs , is it too much to ask for?
Original post by Anonymous
i am a teenager living with parents as I am a minor

I don't get an allowance at all and I don't even ask for skincare , makeup etc. I see my friends buying from primark , victoria secret , dior etc

I don't even ask for new clothes , all I ask is to buy some from a charity shop which is just 1 quid per outfit (which I don't even get to choose) and just moisturizer from Poundland which I went without for 3 months and my skin started to get really really bad , still my parents call me selfish and egotist.

I cant go for a part time job too , and I don't get any allowance or gift money.
my parents are well off to buy me something that cheap and no I don't ask it regularly

I am a girl with basic needs , is it too much to ask for?

Definitely not, I was in your position too but honestly, it's best to get a job and make money to spend on yourself.
It's not even that bad, you are definitely allowed to get simple stuff like skin cream and whatnot, especially things like skin cream (which is effectively part of your health too).
It's not bad to even treat yourself every now and then (smth I'm still learning).

It's definitely not too much to ask for and you should definitely not feel guilty for asking in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending