The Student Room Group

What's your favourite subway sandwich?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maid Marian
I've never had a Subway.

You have not lived
Maybe for your first date with PC he can take you there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
You have not lived

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
You have not lived

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now, wouldn't that be romantic! :daydreaming:
Reply 43
Big Mac
Reply 44
nahhh I've never had a subway. What are they?? What types of stuff can you get on? Pricing etc? Convince me to go
halal roll, with 3 slices of halal with halal sauce
Original post by vengeance111
halal roll, with 3 slices of halal with halal sauce

Halal overload!!! KMN

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you know the BMT sandwhich actually was named after a subway called brooklyn Manhattan Transit, not Bad Man Ting as my friends and I like to call it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Never even entered a Subway....

But logically I would probably choose the meatball marinara or a chicken tikka/chicken teriyaki with peppers and onions, sweet onion sauce.
Reply 49
Original post by superdarklord
Would anyone care to explain how a 6 inch cost me £6 I am still utterly bemused :biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it cost you £6... A footlong is £5 so how does that even make sense...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would anyone care to explain how a 6 inch cost me £6 I am still utterly bemused :biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The £3/£5 offer things that other people are talking about aren't done everywhere. The two nearest ones to me don't do those offers because the area as a whole is more expensive (and I believe they're franchised so they don't have to do the offers).

Did you order double meat or anything? And a drink and cookie or was it literally just a 6 inch sandwich? Because if it was just a plain six inch it seems like it accidentally went through as a footlong instead.

Anyway, my default order is:
Italian bread (though I sometimes get the herb&cheese or hearty italian)
Meatballs
Cheese & toasted
lettuce
Sweetcorn.
Reply 51
Original post by Tinglay
Did you know the BMT sandwhich actually was named after a subway called brooklyn Manhattan Transit, not Bad Man Ting as my friends and I like to call it.

Actually it stands for Big Meaty Tasty, but maybe the acronym came from Brooklyn Manhattan Transit originally, who knows.

Edit: I take that back, Subway's FAQ does say that's where it originated. It's also 'Biggest, Meatiest, Tastiest', so not quite what I thought!

Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
The £3/£5 offer things that other people are talking about aren't done everywhere. The two nearest ones to me don't do those offers because the area as a whole is more expensive (and I believe they're franchised so they don't have to do the offers).

I'm not sure there really are any Subway-owned Subways (outside the US - presumably they have a couple there at least). As far as I know they're almost exclusively franchises.
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe for a foot long yeah but the 6 inch costs no more than £5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 53
Original post by simplylldxo

I dunno, I'm sure there must be a way to get a 6 inch over £5 - mix fillings so you pay for double meat, add double bacon and double cheese? :tongue:

Edit: Reading through the Subway FAQ I just came across the story of 'Jared', who lost 245 lbs by going to Subway for lunch and dinner for nearly a year, and always getting a 6 inch Turkey for lunch and a footlong Veggie Delite for dinner. I think I would kill myself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ronove
I dunno, I'm sure there must be a way to get a 6 inch over £5 - mix fillings so you pay for double meat, add double bacon and double cheese? :tongue:

Edit: Reading through the Subway FAQ I just came across the story of 'Jared', who lost 245 lbs by going to Subway for lunch and dinner for nearly a year, and always getting a 6 inch Turkey for lunch and a footlong Veggie Delite for dinner. I think I would kill myself.

Original post by simplylldxo

Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe

Did you order double meat or anything? And a drink and cookie or was it literally just a 6 inch sandwich? Because if it was just a plain six inch it seems like it accidentally went through as a footlong instead.

Anyway, my default order is:
Italian bread (though I sometimes get the herb&cheese or hearty italian)
Meatballs
Cheese & toasted
lettuce
Sweetcorn.

Original post by Dilsz
How did it cost you £6... A footlong is £5 so how does that even make sense...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like I should be more observant next time I go :tongue:
To be fair it was my first time and I was sort of panicking at the masses of choice and the waiter guy looked scary and my friends were laughing so I don't know :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Non-halal Subway Melt.

If it is halal then Tuna please.
Original post by Dilsz
Include the bread and choice of salads/saucesMine has to be Italian bread with meatball marinara and lettuce,red onion,pickles,jalapeno and cucumber for salads alongside sweet onion and southwest sauceIt's so messy but it tastes so goooooooooooooooood :colondollar:
:five:Hearty Italian meatball marinara tho :coma:
the halal flavour
Toasted chicken and bacon on Italian bread. And tomato ketchup with no salad.
I always have Italian bread, with turkey and ham, cheese and toasted, and then lots of honey mustard sauce :drool:

No salad, salad is minging :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest