The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Orientation

This poll is closed

Are you attending the Warwick Orientation?

No38%
Yes63%
Total votes: 32
Whos going? Cause i've already went to Warwick on the Open day and it says that "Orientation is organised only for new international/EU students". So im debating weather or not to join in on this venture. Take care and be sure to do the poll.
-Jonathan
P.S. Congrats on securing a place at Warwick, see you in September!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i have never been 2 warwick and i think it helps a lot as it makes us more aware of what is where!! to avoid confusions
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I jus booked a place, can anyone tell me will they send me a confirming letter sometimes later?
Reply 3
gina87
I jus booked a place, can anyone tell me will they send me a confirming letter sometimes later?

last year they sent me a confirmation e-mail but nothing more.
Reply 4
gina87

Yeah they will send you an email confirming that your place has been booked. Atleast, that's what I got a few days after applying for Orientation. It takes a bit of time. So do not worry.
Reply 5
(copy from the website)
How much does it cost?

The fee for Orientation 2006 is £85. This includes accommodation in University residences on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights, all breakfasts, evening meals and some lunches. All the trips, information sessions and social events are also included in the cost. You should pay this fee when you book your place, either online by credit or debit card or by sending us a cheque or banker's draft by post.

n i thk term date will start on Sat the 30th?so i will need to find a place to sleep on that Fri?!
Reply 6
Orientation is amazing! Do it!
Reply 7
my app is sent and i'll see y'all on the Tuesday then!!!
Reply 8
joy12
i have never been 2 warwick and i think it helps a lot as it makes us more aware of what is where!! to avoid confusions

It is rather hepful as it gives you some time to sort out stuff like bank accounts and mobile phone contracts before term starts and you get all the course related information dumped on you ( don't worry, its mainly formal stuff ). The value of the stuff they organise is more up to debate, tho the trip to Stratford was rather nice ( They have an amazing butterfly-farm, be sure to check it out if it is open).
Reply 9
Anyone know if we will have to find our own accom for friday night?
__WiZaRD__
Anyone know if we will have to find our own accom for friday night?

In the welcome guide, it says:

Unfortunately, we are unable to include accommodation on Friday night in the Orientation package. For those continuing to live on campus during term-time you will be able to stay in your room but this cost will be added to your rent and the Student Finance team will invoice you for this night. If you are not going to be living on campus during term-time, you will need to make alternative arrangements from the Friday night. We hope this does not cause you a problem.

Additionally, does anyone know if all 850 spots are filled up? I only recently applied and am feeling anxious that I won't be able to secure a position...
Reply 11
afaik the places are filling up quicker than ever and we'll probably run out ofdem within 10 days...

orientation team member 2006 :>

Orientation rocks!
Reply 12
any one using the pick up service from Heathrow?
Reply 13
gina87
any one using the pick up service from Heathrow?

Yep, im arriving around noonish time. I hear the service is a 2 hour service :p:
Reply 14
I do recommend Orientation for all those interested, it'll jumpstart your uni experience.
Im coming!
hi, I was wondering if i miss orientation will i be missing out a lot?
i applied for orientation today and they said they are full, just got full yesterday so i am relli annoyed cuz i was planning everything thinking i was gng for orientation. I just did not bother applying sooner cuz i didnt tink itd get full. Cant believe they dont have enough places for most intl students to attend

I am on the waiting list but like 10th or smt and they said not much chance of getting a place! I really wanted to go
dude youve posted this in 3 threads! STOP SPAMING!!

I dont think youll miss out that much... dont worry about it!
Reply 18
Hey does anyone know where/when/if we get to see an itinerary for Orientation?
i believe itinerary for the orientation was in a cd that we got in our welcome pack

Latest