The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU Computing & IT BSc(Hons)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

[INDENT]I am currently enrolling on the Top-up BSc (Honours) Computing and IT Practice and want to complete the year 3 modules (all 120 credits)in a year starting Oct. has anyone done this or what has others done. Am very committed and would like to then move into teaching when finish. Am now 32 and have family but both my family and work are supportive.[/INDENT]

Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
hi i'm doing 120 points at level 3 computing and psychology this year - i don't have a choice in it as the faculty have decided to stop my degree strand without allowing a transfer to the new course without taking on additonal modules. For me I've found it pretty much impossible to do that many courses in a year while keeping focus and maintaining grades. depends on what grades are acceptable to you. I wouldn't do it out of choice. If you have a clear idea of what you want to do for your project and project management ability that would probably be a big help.
Hi there,

I am enrolled to start Computing, ICTand Business (joint honours BSc) in September/October. I have also applied on the Government student finance and it said at least 6 weeks until I hear any more and it's been about 9 weeks now. I am wondering when I will hear or if anyone has yet?
Reply 23
Original post by courtney-mason
Hi there,

I am enrolled to start Computing, ICTand Business (joint honours BSc) in September/October. I have also applied on the Government student finance and it said at least 6 weeks until I hear any more and it's been about 9 weeks now. I am wondering when I will hear or if anyone has yet?

Mine took 3 weeks, have you logged onto the site to check?

Thats where I discovered I had been approved, just waiting for my declaration to arrive now.
Reply 24
Original post by winalotuk
hi i'm doing 120 points at level 3 computing and psychology this year - i don't have a choice in it as the faculty have decided to stop my degree strand without allowing a transfer to the new course without taking on additonal modules. For me I've found it pretty much impossible to do that many courses in a year while keeping focus and maintaining grades. depends on what grades are acceptable to you. I wouldn't do it out of choice. If you have a clear idea of what you want to do for your project and project management ability that would probably be a big help.

2.1 or 2.2 would be ok but I do want a 2.1 I work in education and do get the holidays. So will be doing my project this summer (well a lot of it)
are you sure its something the tutor will agree? someone else i spoke to ended up with a grade 4 just because his tutor didn't like his project - could be worth checking with current tutors or in forums. maybe worth using an online overall grade calculator and putting in possible worst case scenario marks to see what you get. I guess it depends if the grade quality is more important to you than the speed of completion and also what you know from past experience about your actual abilities of studying multiple courses.
Original post by shawry
Mine took 3 weeks, have you logged onto the site to check?

Thats where I discovered I had been approved, just waiting for my declaration to arrive now.

Look where? I've looked on the student finance website as well as the open uni website and there's nothing on there.. do you think I should apply again?
Reply 27
On the student finance website when you log in it should show where your account is. Mine says approved. There is also a correspondence bit that will show what they've sent you
Reply 28
uploadfromtaptalk1405016084201.jpg
Did you apply for part time student finance named honours and the maximum amount allowed?
I did mine on 1st may, and havent heard anything since.. think I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow
Reply 31
Original post by courtney-mason
I did mine on 1st may, and havent heard anything since.. think I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow

Does it show anything in the correspondence bit
No nothing, but I just rang and they said it was a system error loop! So all is good

Quick Reply

Latest