The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DazBoy
Would they not allow 12 root 3/3 seeing as they didn't ask for it in its simplest form?

They might but my gut feeling is it won't be allowed.
Original post by Mr M
I've answered this several times. Yes.

So sorry! i just wanted to make it clear. But Thankyou!!
Reply 182
Thanks for the Mock Paper, do you have the answers for it too?
Original post by jj241
Thanks for the Mock Paper, do you have the answers for it too?

I asked him, he ignored me :albertein:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MATHSPOW!!
I'm pretty sure you'd still get the mark tbh as 5*4 gives you the same answer as 4*5 so surely the order doesn't matter as it doesn't change the value of the expression !?

Yeah, it means the exact same thing, it's just very stupid. Special points to anyone on this forum who plays League of Legends and can realise why I wrote C9 -_-
Original post by iAstro
Mr M for the driving question, I didn't realise you had to convert miles into km.

I still showed that t=d/s and got an answer from working it out like that. Would I get any marks?

Also, for the vectors one I didn't realise it said that the length is 2, I thought it was 1, and took each half of the line as 0.5. I was able to show that they are parallel, but will I get any marks for this?

I got 10.66 for the similar shapes question, but had a valid method, would I atleast get a mark?

For the shaded region question, I think I got it wrong as my shaded region was very small, but I have shown a radius from the objects by using a compass; would I get any marks?

Thanks for you help, I'm extremely stressed out as I am on target for an A*, but have made stupid mistakes in this exam. Much appreciated if you could help. Thanks again, much appreciated.

1 mark for using the time formula

Your vectors work doesn't sound convincing from that description

Similar shapes - you will get a method mark if you noticed a scale factor of 1.5

Shaded region - I can't say without seeing what you did
Original post by orangutanswag
Hi Mr M,

For the prize question, I rounded 2014 seconds to 2000 seconds. Then I worked out there are 3600 seconds in one hour. I rounded this up to 4000 and so worked out there are two prices an hour, so in 24 hours there are 48 prizes. Would I get any marks?

Thanks!

Sounds fine.
Original post by Mr M
1/100 is fine. The surd is wrong.

Oh sorry I meant 12root3 over 3!

also if on the gym question I accidentally did minus ( I said 8 men did squash and not 6 for some reason) I therefore got the answer 4! Will I get Any marks

and finally I got the IQR wrong (don't ask) and then got the same wrong wrong answer for the second one, when comparing them I said they were the same but I quoted the wrong IQR will I get the mark?
what will the grade boundries be do you reckon? mrm
Original post by Magnesium
Is that because I put both answers even though they're equivalent? :tongue:

I've just answered hundreds of questions - I don't know what you are asking now!
Reply 190
I got 52 is it possible to get a B still?
Original post by Myst0x
**** sorry i mean't

15x=90

I just got x as 6 somehow

it had something to do with 15x

Will I get a mark, or no marks?

Or will I get full marks?

Please tell me Mr M

Thanks for helping

That working isn't worth anything. Sorry!
Original post by RG110man
Same.

The mark schemes never simplify it or they put oe, maybe they changed it :eek:

6. Algebra
b)

For this question I put this answer in my working out but changed my mind when it came to the answer and put something else. I didn't cross it out so what mark do you think I would get?

(Sorry for posting it again, just thought I might need to quote you)
Feel much better now, will still probably get an A* :biggrin:
Reply 195
Yo! Mr M

What do you think the grade boundaries will be?

I think I got 85+
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
Most likely full marks.

saying 3/4 safe? :wink: I just want to add up a score is all
Original post by Mr M
1 mark for using the time formula

Your vectors work doesn't sound convincing from that description

Similar shapes - you will get a method mark if you noticed a scale factor of 1.5

Shaded region - I can't say without seeing what you did

For the vectors one I was able to show that they are parallel, but I got 0.5 and 1 for the values instead of 1 and 2. I got that because I didn't read the question properly and didn't notice one line was 2cm.
Original post by AlphaNick
I mean to get to 4 you needed to work out a few other values, I reckon there would be at least one mark for that.

Did you say there were 8 male squash players and not 6? I did the exact same thing! Hoping for 1 maybe even 2 marks!
Original post by orangutanswag
Also, would I get any marks for stating rules to do with the circle theorem, or are they awarded purely based on calculations.

Sorry for the onslaught of questions!! Thanks so much!

If the circle theorems were relevant you will get credit but there will need to be numerical values too.

Latest

Trending

Trending