The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jpetersgill
50 will almost always get you a B :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you! recounted and got 55 I think, then on the mock paper that was posted for calculator I got 58 so fingers crossed Friday goes that well:smile:
That mock paper, was too easy lol
Got 88 if all things are great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Original post by graceisabella
thank you! Recounted and got 55 i think, then on the mock paper that was posted for calculator i got 58 so fingers crossed friday goes that well:smile:

goood luck!!!!!!!!!!! :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::smile::smile::smile:
Original post by KaiVally
Same here man! I reckon I got between 75 and 85, you guys think that's a strong A?

I'd say that around about 83% or above would be likely to get you an A* provided you are able to get 85% or above on Friday's paper.
Original post by Myst0x
goood luck!!!!!!!!!!! :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::smile::smile::smile:

thank you you too!!
3) frequency polygon should be midpoint vs frequency
(12,2), (16,5), (20,12), (24,8), (28,3)

25) b) 23.3 m not 26.1

1) b - not sure about whether 1.2 or 1.24? Could you please add some explanation for it.

other answers are seems correct
For Q, the re-arranging of the formula, please can someone explain the answer through steps ?

C=5(F-32)
-------
I'm pretty certain I've got 87-90 in this paper :smile:))) hopefully a solid result on friday will get me an A*!!! I hope you all perform well :smile:
This is to mr M's mock?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
I'd say 1. It is still correct, but isn't in the simplest form.

Thanks
Original post by RG110man
I'd say that around about 83% or above would be likely to get you an A* provided you are able to get 85% or above on Friday's paper.

Ahh awesome, yeah I should do much better on paper 2 as I'll actually revise for it :wink:
But cheers for that :smile:
Can anybody tell me what I'd get for these:
I actually worked out the estimate answer
I got 12 root3/3 for the first surd and 10 + 4root4 for the second part but didn't simplify them
Btw guys, I know this might be a silly question but is it possible for someone to get their hands on the actual maths paper, that we've done?
Oh and btw for the subject of rhe formula I got 9C+160 all divided by 5? I'm sure I didn't make any mistakes cos I did:

9C=5(F-32)
9C=5F-160
9C+160=5F
9C+160
---------- =F

Any help? :smile:
Original post by Hemmokat.
Could you put up the mark scheme for the mock? Thank you :smile:

YES, SIR this be it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
From the mock paper Mr M posted, what did you lot do for Q7?

* 7. Jenny is organising a party.
She buys some paper plates and some plastic cups.
Paper plates are sold in packs.
There are 25 plates in a pack.
Each pack costs 78p.
Plastic cups are sold in packs.
There are 35 cups in a pack.
Each pack costs £1.10.
Jenny buys exactly the same number of plates and cups.
What is the least amount of money she pays?
Reply 397
Original post by Midnight1811
For Q, the re-arranging of the formula, please can someone explain the answer through steps ?

C=5(F-32)
-------

C = 5(F-32) / 9

Firstly, you multiply both sides by 9 so the right side is no longer a fraction:

9C = 5(F-32)

Next, you expand the brackets to isolate F:

9C = 5F-160

After that, you add 160 to both sides:

5F = 9C + 160

Lastly, you divide both sides by 5 to find the value of F, making it the subject:

F = (9C + 160) / 5

This can also be written as 9C / 5 + 32
Reply 398
Original post by Divergent-Z
Oh and btw for the subject of rhe formula I got 9C+160 all divided by 5? I'm sure I didn't make any mistakes cos I did:

9C=5(F-32)
9C=5F-160
9C+160=5F
9C+160
---------- =F

Any help? :smile:

It's the same thing. Use a value for C and try it. It will work both ways exactly the same.
Counted 89 missing 3 to 4 marks of working

Latest

Trending

Trending