The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
please answer Mr M about my loci query, and thanks for all the replies really helpful cheers sir
Original post by ItsTheMrG
Hi guys, I was just completing the mock paper and I lost the mark scheme link. Can someone please give mew a link to the MOCK mark scheme please? Will be greatly appreciated:daydreaming:

It is in the opening post.
Original post by SaraRB
Do people here think the calculator paper will be easier? And just wondering because all papers are scanned, will my constructions/ transformations show up without having gone over them with pen?
Good luck to everyone for the exam on Friday!

Your transformations will show up.
Original post by K3lvin
please answer Mr M about my loci query, and thanks for all the replies really helpful cheers sir

What's your query?
Original post by hellomyname123
If for question 13 ( The competition ) I didn't estimate but worked out the exact answer, how many marks out of 4 do you think I would get?

Drop 1
Original post by K3lvin
for question 15 c i think i did mess up that one but what i did was i factories the first bracket and second one so i got one bracket=x+3 then done random rubbish from there, do i even get a mark for this or not

No marks for that
Original post by Ozzin
For the last question, I am noticing that most people got 2, 3, 1. Could someone explain how this is to me please?

My reasoning is that the equation would come to 0 if x was zero, but y = 3 so I figured that c must have been three but maybe I misread or misinterpreted the equation?

c was not the y intercept - y=mx+c is for a straight line. In this case, c represents how much the graph moves up, in this case, 1
Original post by K3lvin
for the loci question, i drew a 3m line from patio and rubbed a bit out but had 3/4 of it, i then drew 2 arcs from the patio and other point, and shaded the middle by extending the arcs, by making them longer do i get any marks or 1 or 2 a

It's hard to say from that. Probably 1 mark, maybe 2.
Hey Mr M, do you think your prediction of what's going to come up on the paper 2 in that mock will be accurate?
what would the grade boundiers be for an A? and what were last years grade boundiers for an A? and was last years paper easier or harder than this one?
thank you so much mr m for that mark scheme! i have a quick question, for the estimation question 13 i put 36 as the right answer but because there was no answer line, it was sprawled across my page. By the end of the exam, my page was literally saturated in black ink but most of it was legible. I believe i crossed out my answer of 36 and wrote 2000 in large letters (i have no idea why). Will i get any marks for this? maybe 2000 will be interpreted as me rounding 2014 to 1sf?
I put 1/100 and not 0.01 does it still get penalized?
I shaded the region in really badly and so there was like a bit of pencil outside of it... Do u think I'll lose marks for that !? HELPP
also you said you got some abuse last time for slight miscalculations of grade boundaries? but i am dying to know an approximation for an a*. Some people have said it could reach 182!!!! (which i think would be obscene) so could you give a rough guide? eg 165-173ish?
Reply 594
Original post by Mr M
It's hard to say from that. Probably 1 mark, maybe 2.

how could i make it more simpler to you?
What was the question for the railway ticket price again? Because I may have also made a simple error!
what will the grade boundary be for a* do you think?
Original post by a_bit_of_a_noob
also you said you got some abuse last time for slight miscalculations of grade boundaries? but i am dying to know an approximation for an a*. Some people have said it could reach 182!!!! (which i think would be obscene) so could you give a rough guide? eg 165-173ish?

I really doubt it will go that high tbh... Seeing as they're always lower in June than in November and the majority of people struggled with the paper quite greatly. I'd say probably around 162-164 as last years was easier and was 165
Original post by a_bit_of_a_noob

I really don't know but 182 is too high unless the calculator paper is incredibly easy.
Original post by AreYouSeriousFam
What was the question for the railway ticket price again? Because I may have also made a simple error!

Two children's tickets at £12 each, and one adult ticket for £24

60% OFF the child's tickets
1/3 OFF the adult ticket

So the totals after the reductions would be
A- £16
C- £9.60

Total cost = £25.60

Latest

Trending

Trending