The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Check out my thread to assess the difficulty of the paper!
It's a poll and discussion
love to know what u guys thought...http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2713487

And it wud be easier to get a good idea of the grade boundaries..
Original post by max320
No it doesnt stay constant but ive made a spreadsheet with previous grade boundaries, the average A* is 83.5 so should be an A*

chears dude that was really helpful - i hope its 84 marks this year cuz despite paper 1 being quiet simple i KNOW i carelessly made some stupid mistakes - it kinda pissed me off so if 84 is an A* then I'd be grateful! :smile:
Original post by QueenKat189
chears dude that was really helpful - i hope its 84 marks this year cuz despite paper 1 being quiet simple i KNOW i carelessly made some stupid mistakes - it kinda pissed me off so if 84 is an A* then I'd be grateful! :smile:

Thanks, good luck with the grade =)
Original post by max320
Thanks, good luck with the grade =)

u too judging from the answer wt do u think u got? u think u did good?
u too judging from the answer wt do u think u got? u think u did good?

yeah atleast 139 (excluding method marks) from what answers i can remember giving and excluding what i cant remember giving or definately got wrong but hopefully ill get an A =)
When will you be posting a mark scheme for the calculator paper?
Original post by max320
yeah atleast 139 (excluding method marks) from what answers i can remember giving and excluding what i cant remember giving or definately got wrong but hopefully ill get an A =)

well that's really good - since you may have excluded some marks u might as well have gotten a really high A or if the examiners this year r really really nice - an A*!!!!

well hopefully we all get the grades that we want! :wink: good luck 4 the future :smile:
what about the calculator paper mark scheme?
well that's really good - since you may have excluded some marks u might as well have gotten a really high A or if the examiners this year r really really nice - an A*!!!!

well hopefully we all get the grades that we want! :wink: good luck 4 the future :smile:

You too :smile: I just want the A to do A level and need an A which I think Ive, almost, safely achieved :smile:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lucygoodchildx
what about the calculator paper mark scheme?

its out http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2712962
Is there anyway in which you can do a mark scheme for paper one with images of the actual paper?
Original post by Jarno_96
Is there anyway in which you can do a mark scheme for paper one with images of the actual paper?

There's one here for paper 2 https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_RTRaH7F8CNMnQ3X1NaZUd4aUU&usp=sharing

Wow it's crazy how people manage to do things like that... Surely this is against edexcel rules as students are only meant to have access to the paper like 8/9 months after the exams were sat ! :0
Original post by MATHSPOW!!
Wow it's crazy how people manage to do things like that... Surely this is against edexcel rules as students are only meant to have access to the paper like 8/9 months after the exams were sat ! :0

Yeah but I think you are going to watch these videos Am I wrong?
Original post by marion771
Yeah but I think you are going to watch these videos Am I wrong?

No I'm not going to. I already know what mark I most probably achieved for paper 1 by the mark scheme. And tbh I don't want to get stressed out by how easy everything was by watching that.
No I'm not going to. I already know what mark I most probably achieved for paper 1 by the mark scheme. And tbh I don't want to get stressed out by how easy everything was by watching that.

alright I know my marks also, but maybe someone wants them. I hope I will get my A* this waiting is so annoying
alright I know my marks also, but maybe someone wants them. I hope I will get my A* this waiting is so annoying

Yep I can totally relate to you seeing as I was meant to be doing the November paper but school pulled out only a few weeks beforehand. Really hope we both get it would be amazing !!
Yep I can totally relate to you seeing as I was meant to be doing the November paper but school pulled out only a few weeks beforehand. Really hope we both get it would be amazing !!

If I don't get it then I'm like 1 or 2 marks away
If I don't get it then I'm like 1 or 2 marks away

Don't say that but yeh true for me also ahh :/ but the probability of the grade boundaries being < 165 are on our side so it's likely you will achieve it. It doesn't help for me that I know my additional science grade is also going to very close to an A* as I fluffed up biology exam but did good on the other two... Hoping for low boundaries for those also. The stress is insane

Latest

Trending

Trending