The Student Room Group

AQA Level 2 Further Mathematics, Paper 1 Unofficial Mark Scheme, June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Applequestria
Hmm, that's what I thought (I was pretty sure that Q5 was 1, 1, 1, 4, but I can't find where the other marks to make up 75 come from)

I'll try and get a copy of the paper for tomorrow.
Original post by iamastudent123
How many marks do you need roughly on paper 1 and 2 to get a C?

Last year to get a C:

Paper 1 you needed 13
Paper 2 you needed 20

Source: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-I-GCSE-GRADE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF
Reply 82
How many marks do you need roughly on paper 1 and 2 to get a C?

About 15 on paper 1 and 25 on paper 2 for a secure C.
Original post by Sulfur

:O Are you a teacher?
Reply 84
:O Are you a teacher?

Nope! :tongue: But teachers lend me the papers as they've done in the past - they know I'm someone who always checks to see how I've done.
Last year to get a C:

Paper 1 you needed 13
Paper 2 you needed 20

Source: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-I-GCSE-GRADE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Sulfur

That'd be great - thank you!
Reply 87

The limit question part b was two marks. I remember since I thought 'how the hell do you get the second bloody mark!'
Original post by Sulfur
The limit question part b was two marks. I remember since I thought 'how the hell do you get the second bloody mark!'

Oh wait, I know what's wrong now: I thought for a while the total was 75, so I took the marks from the other guy including Q5 and Q6 because I didn't know how else to get to 75 marks >.<

I'll go fix the mark scheme, could you check when you see your teacher tomorrow? :h:

EDIT: I've fixed the mark scheme, but it now adds up to 71 marks... There's an extra mark in there somewhere.

EDIT2: I dropped 6(a) to 2 marks because I can't see a basic substitution question getting 3 marks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 89
Oh wait, I know what's wrong now: I thought for a while the total was 75, so I took the marks from the other guy including Q5 and Q6 because I didn't know how else to get to 75 marks >.<

I'll go fix the mark scheme, could you check when you see your teacher tomorrow? :h:

Yups no problem. There's three teachers that'll have the paper that I can go and see about the paper over this week so I'll definitely see it.
How did you guys work out the cosine triangle?
I know I got atleast 50 can I still get an A*? How many marks would I need on paper teo

I did CosB=b2+c2a22bcCos B= \dfrac{b^2+c^2-a^2}{2bc}
Plug in the sides and square/simplify
Then you should get to CosB=12Cos B = \frac{1}{2}
Then I just said arc-cos of 1/2 = 60
Original post by Swag>education
I know I got atleast 50 can I still get an A*? How many marks would I need on paper teo

Yh you could still get an A^ if you got really high on the calculator. But probably around 70 marks to be guaranteed.
Original post by Super199
I did CosB=b2+c2a22bcCos B= \dfrac{b^2+c^2-a^2}{2bc}
Plug in the sides and square/simplify
Then you should get to CosB=12Cos B = \frac{1}{2}
Then I just said arc-cos of 1/2 = 60

Do you remember what the sides were? It's really annoying me xD
Do you remember what the sides were? It's really annoying me xD

a= root 14
b= root 2
c= 3root 2

I think. :redface:
Ahhh I'm so annoyed!! For q9 I thought BC was 20% of AB not AC :frown: will I have got any marks if I did the right working out/got the right answer for that?? so annoyed with myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Super199
a= root 14
b= root 2
c= 3root 2

I think. :redface:

Original post by erloean
Ahhh I'm so annoyed!! For q9 I thought BC was 20% of AB not AC :frown: will I have got any marks if I did the right working out/got the right answer for that?? so annoyed with myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you got most of the other working-out correct, then you should get 2 or 3 out of the 4 marks. :smile:

b^2 = c^2 + a^2 - 2(c)(a)(cos(B))
14 = 2 + 18 - 2(√2)(3√2)(cos(B))
14 = 20 - 12(cos(B))
-6 = -12(cos(B))
cos(B) = 1/2
B = 60 degrees (I drew a diagram at the side of a 30-60-90 triangle)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending