The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 Chemistry 19th June 2014

How did everybody find it?

I found it a nice exam and was incredibly content with the six markers.

Scroll to see replies

For the iodide one i wrote sodium nitrate instead of silver nitrate but i did mention acidify with nitric acid and the result will be yellow precipitate, will i still get 2 out of 2?
Original post by appleapple
For the iodide one i wrote sodium nitrate instead of silver nitrate but i did mention acidify with nitric acid and the result will be yellow precipitate, will i still get 2 out of 2?

I wrote that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sam_aggy96

High5 lollll
Reply 4

Original post by sam_aggy96

You might only get 1.
Hoes did you find the calculation questions??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Decerto
You might only get 1.

But there was an identical question in the specimen and it wrote that theres one mark for silver nitrate, one for nitric acid and one for yellow precipitate:frown:
Reply 8
But there was an identical question in the specimen and it wrote that theres one mark for silver nitrate, one for nitric acid and one for yellow precipitate:frown:

If so, then two.

But on the mark scheme last year, there was a comment saying if you say three things and get one wrong, you can only get 1 mark.

Nobody knows. :tongue:
Were the six markers asking for a more scientific answer or a more method based answer do you think
Reply 10
What. Did u get for the calculation
I got 0.5

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG HOW AMAZING! I couldnt spell that indicator thing!!! D:
Original post by samik
what. Did u get for the calculation
i got 0.5

posted from tsr mobile

:d
What did everyone get for the amount of product from the 200cm^3 and 100cm^3 reactants? Multiple choice.
Original post by Parallex
What did everyone get for the amount of product from the 200cm^3 and 100cm^3 reactants? Multiple choice.

200 :smile:?

200cm^3 as the mole ratio was 3:2
Reply 16

What about the ionic equation for the electrolysis of sodium chloride solution? Did you have to show the formation of liquid water from aqueous hydroxide and hydrogen ions?
Original post by Shadowninja107
What about the ionic equation for the electrolysis of sodium chloride solution? Did you have to show the formation of liquid water from aqueous hydroxide and hydrogen ions?

Was the six marker....... it was molten sodium chloride...
Original post by Marcusroye98
Was the six marker....... it was molten sodium chloride...
no, I meant the question where you had to write the ionic equation for a reaction?

Quick Reply

Latest