The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Accommodation Offers 2014

Scroll to see replies

I know you aren't supposed to have guests sleep over in halls but does anyone know if this is enforced in anyway? Hoping for my boyfriend to come and stay with me as it's expensive enough for train tickets without having to pay for accomodation too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by JustBecca
Haha I meant living near London when I said city, though in comparison to where I live, a collection of a few houses, an old church and a couple of farms, it's probably going to seem like a city :tongue:

Completely agree with this! I'm pretty sure my country accent is going to stand out...
I'm glad you're looking forward to it! Will be nice meeting you in September

Yeah. Looking on here and on Facebook is making me think I've definitely made the right choice.

Counting down the days!!
Original post by Chloewright96
I know you aren't supposed to have guests sleep over in halls but does anyone know if this is enforced in anyway? Hoping for my boyfriend to come and stay with me as it's expensive enough for train tickets without having to pay for accomodation too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really want to know this too! I don't see how they would actually enforce the rule. They "insist" that guests leave by 11pm but I don't think they'd really find out you had someone sleeping over in your room if you waived that rule...
Tenant is hands down my favourite... Though I totally understand what you mean about Matt Smith :biggrin: yea it seems like Capaldi is going to offer a darker alternative to the doctor so it'll be pretty interesting to see! Favourite companion? Mine has to be Amelia Pond and Rory Williams

I really do apologise for scraping in here, but you have totally just explained my love of Doctor Who! David Tenant = awesome and Rory and Amy are just so cute!!
Original post by OhMyNelson
Yeah. Looking on here and on Facebook is making me think I've definitely made the right choice.

Counting down the days!!

I'm sure your accent won't stand out! People love accents anyway :tongue: yea it's great, I'm so excited!
Not too long now
I'm sure your accent won't stand out! People love accents anyway :tongue: yea it's great, I'm so excited!
Not too long now

I've started making lists on what I need to bring. Bought myself a casserole dish today. I think I got a bit too excited over a casserole dish...
Original post by Samantha.W
I really do apologise for scraping in here, but you have totally just explained my love of Doctor Who! David Tenant = awesome and Rory and Amy are just so cute!!

Haha I'm glad someone else loves David Tennant! They are just the best couple... I actually prefer them to rose and Micky
I've started making lists on what I need to bring. Bought myself a casserole dish today. I think I got a bit too excited over a casserole dish...

Yea honestly that's nothing to be ashamed of... I was fretting for ages because I couldn't find the right sized Pyrex dish. I also bought some miniature cacti for my room in matching pots, I got so excited even my parents got a bit concerned.
Apparently it's supposed to get a lot darker this season like Asylum was... I found Coven pretty easy watching so I'm excited for it to get darker :biggrin: I love how every intro hints to different elements of the storyline, the promos are so well planned too! It's just one of the best shows I've watched :tongue:

I agree, I think it's Coven where the intro had those Klu Klux clan people that was uncomfortable haha. Do you watch supernatural?
Original post by Bathospoint3
I agree, I think it's Coven where the intro had those Klu Klux clan people that was uncomfortable haha. Do you watch supernatural?

Hell yea I watch supernatural! What other programmes do you watch? I'm also into Hannibal and the Walking Dead
Haha I'm glad someone else loves David Tennant! They are just the best couple... I actually prefer them to rose and Micky

Hells yeah! Are you kidding? Amy and Rory are so cute because they do so much for each other. Who could compare to Rory when he waited 2,000 years!
Original post by LeonieClassics
I really want to know this too! I don't see how they would actually enforce the rule. They "insist" that guests leave by 11pm but I don't think they'd really find out you had someone sleeping over in your room if you waived that rule...

Original post by hellsyeah
I'm the same, don't really want my bf visiting me and then having to sleep somewhere separate! I've read on Student Room threads that the rule is only because of health and safety and there are no rigorous checks to make sure guests have left by 11pm. There is no security checking who comes in and out. I also read somewhere that someone had their cousin staying for 2 weeks and no one noticed! So I guess once you get settled in, it will be easy enough :-)

That's what I was thinking, I don't see how they can enforce it and I'm the same with my boyfriend visiting; I'd like to spend the visit with him not separate haha! Yeah I suppose as long as you let your flat mates know or whateveer it should be ok :-)
Original post by Samantha.W
Hells yeah! Are you kidding? Amy and Rory are so cute because they do so much for each other. Who could compare to Rory when he waited 2,000 years!

Preach it sista! I would love to have a guy wait 2,000 years just to be with me... So romantic!
Hell yea I watch supernatural! What other programmes do you watch? I'm also into Hannibal and the Walking Dead

I love supernatural.. Well i love Dean.. Anyway I haven't watched Hannibal lol do you recommend it? I watch walking dead I love that series xD I also watch Grimm, Once upon a time (I'm so behind on it though) Game of thrones.. Er Ripper street, Downtown Abbey and I'm currently catching up on other complete series xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bathospoint3
I love supernatural.. Well i love Dean.. Anyway I haven't watched Hannibal lol do you recommend it? I watch walking dead I love that series xD I also watch Grimm, Once upon a time (I'm so behind on it though) Game of thrones.. Er Ripper street, Downtown Abbey and I'm currently catching up on other complete series xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaaah Dean... It's the sass that gets me, I think I just love him. PLEASE watch Hannibal! If there is anyone I love as much as Dean it's Will Graham! I actually started Grimm recently, I also watch Ripper Street too. I haven't started watching Downton Abbey but got really into Nashville when it was on
Yea honestly that's nothing to be ashamed of... I was fretting for ages because I couldn't find the right sized Pyrex dish. I also bought some miniature cacti for my room in matching pots, I got so excited even my parents got a bit concerned.

It's all good.
I was going to go for the colour green on all my kitchen stuff but my casserole dish is blue..

Just so many little things I keep thinking I need to bring with me!
It's all good.
I was going to go for the colour green on all my kitchen stuff but my casserole dish is blue..

Just so many little things I keep thinking I need to bring with me!

You could always go blue and green?

I know I realised the other day I didn't have a cheese grater... I didn't even think about it!
Ah cool!

I'm studying Biology :smile:

I'm doing Biology too! :biggrin: Glad I've found someone at last :smile:
Aaaah Dean... It's the sass that gets me, I think I just love him. PLEASE watch Hannibal! If there is anyone I love as much as Dean it's Will Graham! I actually started Grimm recently, I also watch Ripper Street too. I haven't started watching Downton Abbey but got really into Nashville when it was on

I love the humor in supernatural too, Castiel has brought me to tears many times zD I've added Hannibal to my towatch list, please watch Downton I love that series! I really like period dramas I've seen quite a few like larkrise to candleford that's a good series :awesome:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending