The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Help in writing personal statement for Life Long Learning Teaching?

I'm currently applying for Teacher Training (Lifelong Learning), PGCE pre-service 2014-15 at Huddersfield University and really banging my head in trying to write the personal statement.

I normally like to look at a few example statements so that I get an idea of what I should write and talk about and though I've found plenty of ones for PGCE/secondary and Primary I've not found any for QTLS.

I was originally wanting to apply for PGCE in Secondary English but failed the Professional Skills test that now prevents me from applying for two years! :frown: (I actually got a place on teachfirst and fell at this final hurdle so had to forfeit my place!)

So now I and applying for teaching in Life-Long learning as I'm told entry requirement does not needs Prof Skills test. It does need a good degree (which I have) and that's about it I think.

So with the personal statement, if anyone can point me in the direction for
where I can find some sample statements to help me kick start mine?
Also, anyone who has done/is thinking of doing a similar course what are your experiences? Is it a good course that can lead you directly onto getting a job in Life Long Teaching? (with out further study)

Thanks in advance for anyone who comments! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending