The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

SED Huddersfield

How is this degree compared to a levels and say if I do bad in the exams and great in the coursework and practicals can I still achieve 70%?
Original post by username1244
How is this degree compared to a levels and say if I do bad in the exams and great in the coursework and practicals can I still achieve 70%?

Hi there :wavey:
I've moved your thread into the university of huddersfield forum so you can get a few more relevant responses :bump:
Best wishes,
Cheese :smile:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

I'm starting this year and I'm wondering the same😭
Reply 3
Original post by SJisAwesome_16

Same I’m still skeptical about it lmao
Same I’m still skeptical about it lmao

Original post by SJisAwesome_16

Hi all,

Thank you for your questions, and we hope you're not too worried about the course?

The qualification is set up as a bridge between A Level Study and University study so it can help prepare you for a full degree, give you the knowledge to be able to study those science subjects while also making that jump from Foundation and Bachelors degree a little easier.

There are five modules on this course, and depending on weighting, if you don't perform as well in one of the modules, your other grades could still drag up that average.

Do look at the grades needed to progress on to certain courses, i.e. Pharmacy and Optometry require certain levels of achievement on the foundation degree in order to progress: https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/undergraduate/science-extended-degree-leading-to-a-bsc-hons-degree

Many thanks,
Lewis

Social Media and Content Officer, University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending